DJing related

kennykenny 1,024 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
who actually finds blend mixing boring ? by that, I mean actually blend mix your whole club set for 2 hrs with no cuts or slight bit of doubles. nothing!i do.

Comments

• snosno 332 Posts
    I don't. Because that's all i can do.

Besides, there's more to DJ'ing in a club set than rocking doubles, cuttin' and skratchin'. You can adjust your eq's, head cocked sideways while cueing up records. Chain-smoking waiting for the song to finish, messing with ground hum as if it's an avantgarde side of your set. 'cos at the end of the day, it's not about how you rock the set, but how you look while rocking your set.

There's a whole lot more to DJ'ing than doubles and cuts.

• better than hearing Johnny DJ trainwrecking for a few hours or just slapping on song after song like madman with no mixing at all

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    the thing is, it is too easy to become depended on tricks when rocking club sets or even just at home practicing, but there are always the time when the situation doesn't allow you to do so, could be the set-up or whatever.

maybe this is only a bedroom DJ thing. when you're out doing gigs every week at different spots for long enough your experiences would've told you what to expect and how you're gonna rock your set.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    oh i should've been more specific, i wanted to know from DJ perspective, not audience or listener.

personally i don't mind listening to a blend mixtape. no doubt.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    mix of all of the above is fun

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I don't. Because that's all i can do.
    Besides, there's more to DJ'ing in a club set than rocking doubles, cuttin' and skratchin'. You can adjust your eq's, head cocked sideways while cueing up records. Chain-smoking waiting for the song to finish, messing with ground hum as if it's an avantgarde side of your set. 'cos at the end of the day, it's not about how you rock the set, but how you look while rocking your set.
    There's a whole lot more to DJ'ing than doubles and cuts.

you forgot drinking.

• Geez, I'd just be bored if I JUST blended. Good to make a fool of yourself while you try ripping shit up every once in awhile. But as we all know you can get away with a heck of a lot more in a club than on a mixtape. The audience doesn't really give a monkeys if you mess up every once in a while, just your DJ mates, who have like to have a laugh & act all smug.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Blaze is back.

How you doing there? I heard you moved to Melbourne?
    Nice place but the weatherhas been mad