Hey guys... new computer

silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
powerbook 1.4 ghz with the superdrive and osx 10.4 so I can run some shit. new protools setup (6.9 LE with the apogee's coming soon)mpc4k and sp1200 talking midi via Novation X-station.finally my shit is working out. ready to make a new recurrd. say word.

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    you go boy.

holler atcha girl. send me some goodies. ok?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

you're always making bangers 6.dos

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    sup holmes. hope yer good and that rhek didn't run y'all ragged in MTL...

• Congrats on the Mac.

• cool. hopefully you did not piss yourself or get mauled when you aquired that computer. got airport up in there? peace, stein. . . .

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    AirPort sucks. Just get a regular wireless router for half the price.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    airport is the card that enables your computer to communicate wirelessly... its not a router.

that said you can use one osx computer with airport to share its internet connection with other airport configured computers like a router... thus you don't need a router at all.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    ready to make a new recurrd.
    say word.

word.
    no more lost recordings, i hope.

• Bouche, indeed man, indeeed!

It actually worked out for the best. Norsola and I ended up redoing a bunch of stuff, and it came out a little better, I think. I just installed all my NI stuff last night (Kontakt, Reaktor, Absynth, Battery) and the new Pro Tools upgrade seems to be running much better than on my old machine/system. Mr.Dibbs donated his MPC4000 to my cause.... which I really like a lot. Fuck what people say about it, it is a z-series sampler (which sounds really clean and good...) and when hooking up the drums on the SP1200 or Kontakt Bitcrunch, it has that shit that I have been looking for.

Anyways, Ill post some clips as shit is in the works for people that are interested.

6.dos

Anna: get at me dawg!

• stein: yeah, got that airport!
    been walking around the back crib leeching off the neighbors!
    say word!

• Kontakt Bitcrunch, it has that shit that I have been looking for.

Ohhh... tell me more! what is this?

Anna: get at me dawg!

Speaking of which, you should really meet Anna's new dog! Zoe is so sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    R*b,

I'm coming throuogh there in late September on my way to visit Daren. Will bring presents for the upcoming album.

K.

• K!
    Cool man, make it after the 12th. The lady freind and I are taking vacation to marvin-gaye-paris. Can I throw a little something in your whip for the Stiggmatic?
    6.dos

• Options
    MY whip is a train, so if it fits in there - fo sure.

K.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    stein: yeah, got that airport!
    say word!

The names of two wireless networks I leech off:

slutsclub
    morrissey

(Seriously. I feel like someone is testing me.)

• stein: yeah, got that airport!
    say word!
    yep. it works everywhere! just put it on DEFAULT. free internet all day. peace, stein. .

• Sipreano: damn man, you don't know the half!
    hit me off soemtime, I know you got heat for a dood out here!

6.dos

Free networks!

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    airport is the card that enables your computer to communicate wirelessly... its not a router.

that said you can use one osx computer with airport to share its internet connection with other airport configured computers like a router... thus you don't need a router at all.

Right. I was referring to the AirPort Base, though.