do you get sweet notes like this at your job?

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    No, but last night my buddy got a napkin from our waitress asking him to meet her out back for an intimate connection. SERIOUS!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    ?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I always thought the "wet dog" insult was towards black folks. When did that change?

• never heard it either way...

although on a similar note..was it on soulstrut that I read that Asian people think we smell like hamburger

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You shouldn't have read it.

• You shouldn't have read it.

why not? My refrigerator door needed something new.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I always thought the "wet dog" insult was towards black folks. When did that change?

Nah that's always been about white people.

Hmm weird. I wonder if I smell like a wet dog? It doesn't seem to make sense. How many dogs have straight, fine hair?
    I'm confused. Maybe I've always smelled like a wet dog and I didn't know it... ????? Have I been offending people of other races from my personal stench?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    probably. you should try to be more sensitive to other peoples's cultures. try using deoderant, cologne and hair products to mask the smell.

probably. you should try to be more sensitive to other peoples's cultures. try using deoderant, cologne and hair products to mask the smell.

Well I'd like to, but I don't want to wind up like those stinky smokers who try to conver the smell and just smell like smokey alcoholy nasty shitpiles. Maybe if I actually walked around with a wet dog they wouldn't think it was me.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    i think you're onto something

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    never heard it either way...

although on a similar note..was it on soulstrut that I read that Asian people think we smell like hamburger kraft dinner[/b].

• not to worry guys, I immediately quit after I read the note.

• really? thought you were stoked about [your job]. sorry if i missed some sarcasm.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    not only do i deodorize, i us this coco butter mosturizer one of my african exchange students gave me, and also like to dab a little soy sauce behind my ears, just so im equally offensive to all races.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    i also eat alot of curry, but thats a whole nother story

• really? thought you were stoked about [your job]. sorry if i missed some sarcasm.

yeah I am..I am joking. That aint gonna make me quit.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    No, but last night my buddy got a napkin from our waitress asking him to meet her out back for an intimate connection. SERIOUS!

Did he go?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Did he go?

I'd tip

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    was this just straight-up handed to you, or slide under a pile of stuff, left on the floor, how? halarious none-the-less...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Fuck the hatters, Crackalack. Get that pawn shop money and bring a sawed-off to work. Racism is a mother.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Well, accusing other groups of people of smelling funny has been pretty popular throughout recorded history, but I've also only ever heard black people applying the wet dog thing to white people.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    this might make you guys feel a little better. i found this list of "rules" on the sidewalk by my house a few years ago. written by "kim m." i had to split it because i don't have a scanner. it's all about #12. hope you guys have a good day.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I'd say if you put a beat behind that he or she is already a better mc than 50 cent.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    it's all about #12.

...shoulda been number one to me

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    it's all about #12.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    it's all about #12.

No, no, Number #9 is what it's all about. How could you love anything MORE than a Vampire loves blood?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I always heard white folks smelled like sobaco

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Gotta love the pawnbroker. I heart Rod Steiger.