I know this should go in the anouncements...

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
...but I thought maybe some of y'all that dont go there often might wanna peep some Memphis labels I threw together scans of for a flyer for an upcoming gig:

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    cool poster, but isn't having a bunch of 45 labels like 'Attention NERDS'?

I thought Dig was a Florida thing...

---

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    nah, most people around here think memphis soul is just Otis and Shaft, just some labels to show the vastness of memphis soul....Dig was distributed by Stax...so I included it.

"Get High!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

is there anything worthwhile on 'J'ace' besides that?

---

• "Get High!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

is there anything worthwhile on 'J'ace' besides that?

---

that 45 rules. I saw some other things on that label before but it was pretty standard gospely stuff

• Options

Dig is a Florida thing...

---

Dig is a Florida thing...

---

Dig was distributed by Stax, so I included it

Weis was based in Chicago, but there is some clasic Memphis soul on that label, so I included it also.

• cool poster, but isn't having a bunch of 45 labels like 'Attention NERDS'?

Hell no! 45 labels are great art/visuals in and of themselves. Very nice flyer.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    what is the 45 on Active in your photo? Memphis Mustangs? wondering what else came out on the label.

cool poster, but isn't having a bunch of 45 labels like 'Attention NERDS'?

spoken like a true 45 collector!

75% of all dj night flyers I see laying around in Detroit have 'sexy' bikini chicks on 'em - seemingly cribbed directly from Maxim covers & Victoria's Secrets.

that strategy must successfully bring in a crowd of freespending horny choads.

---

• cool poster, but isn't having a bunch of 45 labels like 'Attention NERDS'?

spoken like a true 45 collector!

75% of all dj night flyers I see laying around in Detroit have 'sexy' bikini chicks on 'em - seemingly cribbed directly from Maxim covers & Victoria's Secrets.

that strategy must successfully bring in a crowd of freespending horny choads.

---

What about a night where the two (45 collectors who are also free spending horny choads) intersect? Sexy bikini girls holding raers???

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Sexy bikini girls holding raers

No, let's save that for when we die and go to heaven - I spoke to the G about it, it's supposed to be a surprise...

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    what is the 45 on Active in your photo? Memphis Mustangs? wondering what else came out on the label.

There are quite a few on that label.

Flyer looks ill, I'll bet the show will be ill as well

There are quite a few on that label.

Flyer looks ill, I'll bet the show will be ill as well

thanks! it took a little while, erasing the band and song info off of them...

Active had a few(that I know, there are probably some I have never heard)cool sides...I used my copy of First Company "Same Ole Thing" for the flyer...one of the best I have heard on the label is The Sweet and Innocent "I dont know what your full of" killer acoustic soul....