do not play list?

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I know this is somewhat common for weddings, but what about from a group of people coming to a lounge...and not for a private party. copied from the email...DO NOT PLAY PLEASE!!!Anybody from Murder IncJ. LoDMXEminemGameMariah CareyMaseGasolina - Daddy YankeeDrop It Like It's Hot- Snoop & Pharell ________________________________________

Comments

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    they better be throwing some cash your way... no money=no requests...

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    they better be throwing some cash your way... no money=no requests...

absolutley...they should be paying more than what you usually make when you DJ out. What a random list too.

• agreed no money = no requests.

but i don't see one name on there i couldn't live without playing. in fact i've gotta copy that list in case i ever do have to pay somebody to play a gig. watchout funksnotdead, since i know shig won't touch the gig unless he can go through his entire mariah collection this one is comin your way.

• Options
    SOunds like some solid guidelines to me.

K.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    now that I think of it, all that shit is pretty played out. won't be difficult to get around that.

• yea, i'm not arguing with the list, just the fact that they made one. if i'm taking a big group to a restaurant, i would want to make sure that they served good food, but at the same time, i'm not gonna email the chef and tell him what not to put on the menu.

• honestly, it's a little presumptuous (sp) to give you a "do not play" list, but I appreciate general guidelines as far as what flys/doesn't fly at a new place I'm playing. Naming specific songs does this more effectively than trying to describe the music eg: "not too ghetto" (HATE that euphamism), "you know, dancy, fun," "nothing too commecial, but like, not too underground," etc.

That said, there is very little on there (mariah maybe? snoop?) which would be in my play crate, so maybe it's not that helpful.

• now that I didn't have to[/b] think of it, all that shit is pretty played out. won't be difficult to get around that.

but i don't see one name on there i couldn't live without playing. in fact i've gotta copy that list in case i ever do have to pay somebody to play a gig. watchout funksnotdead, since i know shig won't touch the gig unless he can go through his entire mariah collection this one is comin your way.

laugh now, hoser poser. one sweet day lil dudes will be pm'ing me talking about "yo what's up on that mariah fantasy 2 disc single, dogg?" and i'll be sittin on some honey then, my little butterfly.

laugh now, hoser poser. one sweet day lil dudes will be pm'ing me talking about "yo what's up on that mariah fantasy 2 disc single, dogg?" and i'll be sittin on some honey then, my little butterfly.

Mariah Raers

More Raer

That Underneath The Stars single is worth $$$ from what I see on some listings.

• holy crap i was just kidding.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Oh hell yeah - I used to bay-check any Mariah shit that came into our shop. She was eBay gold then (5 years ago), I don't know if so much now, but I must have sold 9 different promo 12" & CD's of hers all for over $30 each, some over a bill. People sweat that woman.

• [shig] scares[/b] that woman.

• hey screw you! in my defense i thought the restraining order was measured in feet not miles.

• SOunds like some solid guidelines to me.

K.

co-sign - I don't see any problem with NOT having to play any of the crap on that list