eBay.co.uk jazz-funk facemelter

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/290570522953#ht_1727wt_1179

My ex Brother-in-Law's shit record collection
Jazz funk, soul, disco, bollocks. 50 discs 12" & LP

You are bidding on a collection of 50 (approx) 12" singles and LPs of crap music.

My sister found these in her attic last weekend, where they has been sat gathering dust for the last couple of decades. They used to belong to her ex-husband, who is one of the biggest arseholes ever to draw breath. I never liked the wanker, and based my initial antipathy towards him on his taste in music. Not to put too fine a point on it, he was that most contemptible form of pond life, a Jazz Funker. This meant that as well as shit taste in music, he had appalling taste in clothes too. Pringle jumpers, pleated Farrahs, shoes that looked like pasties, white socks, revolting shirts and a comical wedge-cut hairdon't. Add to this 80s fashion horrorshow a Ford Capri and Super Mario-style moustache underlining his bulbous nose, and you get an object lesson in twatdom. No wonder Northern Soul fans (and everyone else) treated the Jazz Funk fans with sneering comntempt.

I couldn't comprehend what on earth my usually sensible sister could possibly see in the pillock. In vain I pleaded with her to send him packing. My argument that his hankering for Earth Wind & Fire records and attendance at soul weekenders made him a poor choice of mate was waved away as the rantings of a callow youth. She felt my reasoning was unsound.
Reader, she married him.

He made her life miserable for a few years with his moping, moody belligerence (and playing horrendous records like these). He told her lies and generally behaved like a platinum c*nt. Then he dumped her for his mistress when my sister was four months pregnant.

It's now nearly 20 years later and I would still like to take a meat tenderizer to his face. But his most horrendous crime, worse than wiring up my granny's shower so it was electrically live, worse even than his infidelity or the awful way he treated my sister, was the fact that he actually liked the abomination known as Jazz Funk. Here is the evidence. What a bastard.
Well, I suppose I'd better tell you what's for sale, though why you would actually want to own this dreck is beyond me. It's basically music for people who have a deep-seated hatred of music and want to inflict their pain on the world. But here goes nothing.

I mean, Shakatak for fucks sake. What a prick. And surely he must have realised that buying anything by Shalimar would open him up to ridicule. Even those bands' mothers couldn't bear to listen to that stuff. I know I couldn't. None of this is play graded, only visually. I just could not bring myself to dirty my stylus with this bollocks.
Boring stuff: - I grade conservatively, particularly when I don't like the records. Don't ask me to split this lot. You buy it, you buy all of it and pay the shipping. I'm not keeping it in my house any longer than strictly neccessary. For the same reason, no returns. I don't want it back. Shipping in UK is ??15 because the weight is approx 10kg . I'm willing to ship overseas at cost, but it's likely to be expensive (maybe ??45 in europe) and frankly this crap isn't worth the stamps. If you want to collect from Croydon, that's OK but I will look at you with a contemptuous sneer as you stand in my doorway, proving by your purchase that you are tone deaf and tasteless.

Good luck, and God help you for liking this drivel.

Comments

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    :face_melt:

• ha! i was just reading that listing...

it almost made me feel ashamed of playing some of those tunes out.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    I guess I'm this guy...

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    soulmarcosa said:

light of the world - time remix IS a good record......only one, though

• Mongo_SladeMongo_Slade 999 Posts
    The Q&A on the lot is great, too:

Questions and answers about this item
    Q: Without a doubt THE best eBay item description ever! Would love to win this auction and collect, just to shake your hand! Just Brillaint!!! K
    A: Aw shucks, you are too kind. The best one ever was the Piers Chalmers pubic wig system. You had to be there, I guess.
    28 May, 2011
    Q: Your brother in law maybe a knob, but he had GREAT taste in music. :-)
    A: That's spelled 'grate'
    28 May, 2011
    Q: If I bid you enough would you consider dropping them off a ferry (by accident - in the Irish Sea) - would save on the price of a courier to Ireland plus you could have a few good pints in Dublin!
    A: You buy them, you pay to ship them, you destroy them. That's the deal. Nice idea though.
    28 May, 2011
    Q: I wouldnt piss on this lot if it was on fire.. but your a fucking legend!! love it :D
    A: Didn't your mum tell you that pissing on fires makes your pubes smell smokey? Please don't ask me how I know that.
    27 May, 2011
    Q: Do you recon he could be one of your watchers ??? Hilarious if he is ;o)
    A: I think he's probably more into X factor stuff these days. That's the growth area for tasteless berks.
    Oh also, I'm very excited to learn you can swear profusely in UK eBay item descriptions. That's not allowed in US auctions, is it?