J Dilla's FB fan page just told me....

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
..."J Dilla's classic album Donuts has been reissued on vinyl with the photo of Dilla on the cover for the first time. This an exclusive at Urban Outfitters through summer 2011."

ewf.

(yes I know, this likely means money for his mom and the medical bills, etc. Still, just thought I'd mention...)

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    the real story here is who is the mystery person on the front cover of the version i have, my guess is either elvis or 2pac

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Meh, I'll hold out for the Questlove live interpretations of madlib's remixes of Donuts before I open my wallet.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I'd like Donuts on vinyl and I'd prefer that cover, so I might pick it up, dressed in a trenchcoat and a paper bag on my head to hide my shame.

One thing I wonder though - since they seem hellbent on milking every last dollar from Dillas catalogue (yes, for a good cause and all that), why not release an album of the best beats from some of his beattapes? Rather than something like "Jay stay paid", I'd prefer an whole album of stuff like this:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    New lives in need of saving, soon to be saved.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Junior said:
    Meh, I'll hold out for the Questlove live interpretations of madlib's remixes of Donuts before I open my wallet.

Here here.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Is Jay Dee's family a better cause than Elvis' or John Lennon's?

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Is Jay Dee's family a better cause than Elvis' or John Lennon's?

Yes, those dudes passed away with a little more in their bank accounts (i would assume anayway)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Dilla's FB fan page changed my life.