BRAND NEW WAYO release party this SATURDAY at ZEBULON in W-BURG BROOKLYN

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited May 2011 in Announcements
This one will be epic!

I'm joining forces with my friend Uchenna Ikonne who is coming down from Boston tonight to celebrate the release of his incredible compilation "BRAND NEW WAYO" with us!

Uchenna has the toughest collection of Nigerian Boogie records out there and his knowledge about this stuff in unparalleled. I'm just going to try and not embarrass myself too much when spending some time behind the decks but between the two of us, you will be guaranteed to get to listen and dance to a ton of crazy records that you just won't get to hear anyplace else on this continent...

"Brand New Wayo" is Uchenna's first release on his own label Comb & Razor Sound. I've seen the prototype for the book (yes, it's a book and not a "booklet") that will accompany the CD and I have to say that he's putting everybody else to shame with how incredible this thing is going to look. And of course all the 15 (!) tracks are stone cold killers. Check out the review on ParisDJs.com

Remember to buy a copy from the man himself, either before, while or after getting all hot and sweaty on the dance floor but don't take no chances, he's only going to bring a limited supply and you do not want to miss out and go home empty handed!

Zebulon is located on Wythe Avenue just a few steps North of Metropolitan.