BLOODY NOSES (annoying related)

GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody else ever have a bad ass nosebleed? Like one that keeps coming back, over and over, requiring medical attention?I'm in the midst of one of these situations right now. My nose has been bleeding off and on for about a week now. I've even been to the doctor and had the artery in my nose cauterized... only to have my nose start bleeding again, the day after, making all of it come out.No, no coke use, all I can figure is that I like to pick my nose and I happen to have a large artery near the surface of nasal membranes or whatever.I had this problem a couple years ago resulting in 2 stops at the emergency room - 1 to have my nose packed (they cram some large plastic foam etc object up your nose and it hangs out making you look like a freak) and 1 more time to have it re-packed since they fucked it up the first time.Like this, except it's bigger - they lube it with vaseline and RAM it up your nose AS FAR AS POSSIBLE without breaking something.The point is to apply pressure, but it hurts - and like I said, you have this big thing hanging out your nose, like when they yank that homing device out Arnold Schwarzenegger's nose in Total Recall.Suffice to say it's not very sophisticated and it sucks, so I'm doing my own by ramming a tampon up my nose and hiding for a few days. Hopefully I won't get Toxic Shock Syndrome but I guess if I didn't before...Seriously though, it makes me think of how lucky I am that I don't have some real disease that's ongoing ... I mean, having your nose bleed so much you can fill a cup, and spitting out blood clots the size of a chihuahua spleen is just nasty.Anyone ever been in this situation? Any suggestions?This post is now record related.

Comments