Getting a t-shirt customized (Soulstrut t-shirt question)

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
I'm thinking of getting "Cooper" and "42" put on the back of my new Soulstrut t-shirt. Where would one go to have such a thing done? I must admit, this is the first time I've ever thought about doing something like this and I am completely clueless.

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    You could do it yourself if you have a printer and are handy with an iron.

You can buy blank transfer sheets that are printable, do the art on your computer and iron on.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Horseleech said:

You can buy blank transfer sheets that are printable, do the art on your computer and iron on.

Awesome. Thanks!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I used Blue Cotton to get the SS tees made up.... They do limited runs, but obviously it might be a bit pricey.

RAJ said:
    I used Blue Cotton to get the SS tees made up.... They do limited runs, but obviously it might be a bit pricey.

You should do a whole limited run with "Cooper" and "42" on the back. I promise I'd buy one. We can do a whole "I am Spartacus" thing.
    :beerbang:

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Horseleech said:

Awesome. Thanks!

I should mention that some of these aren't the greatest quality, so a little research may be in order.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    You can also find a sporting goods store that does heat transfers. They're inexpensive, quick and may come out a lot cleaner than your own iron-on job.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    J**tin, there's a place near me on the UWS I've used. I've never given them my own shirt, but I'm guessing they'd do it, and they were real solid for me the couple times I've used them to have custom shirts made up.

http://www.tshirtexpress.com

Unherd said:
    J**tin, there's a place near me on the UWS I've used. I've never given them my own shirt, but I'm guessing they'd do it, and they were real solid for me the couple times I've used them to have custom shirts made up.

http://www.tshirtexpress.com

I'll check it out. Might be the perfect opportunity to grab that beer!

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Horseleech said:

Awesome. Thanks!

I should mention that some of these aren't the greatest quality, so a little research may be in order.

If you do decide to go this route - make sure you use opaque transfer paper and not transparent transfer paper.
    Home printers don't print white - so if you want white on green you will probably have to print out the outlines of the letter and number shapes and then just cut out the solid opaque transfer paper and iron it on.

Just sayin'