Recent Finds

georgeibrahimgeorgeibrahim 676 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
I can't find the last finds thread & haven't posted any finds (or much else for that matter) in a while. Managed to scratch off a very long time want from the list at a good price recently:

Grupo Arembepe - 1975 Crazy 7" by DJ_Mario

It's practically mint, too :shit_yeah:

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    My uncle sent me these from his collection. Not bad.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    NateBizzo said:

Is this the same uncle who gave you These Trails? Dude.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    NateBizzo said:

i need to step my uncle game up

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    cookbook said:
    NateBizzo said:

Seriously, your uncle had some badass taste bitd.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    The_Non said:
    cookbook said:
    NateBizzo said:

Seriously, your uncle had some badass taste bitd.

"its not fair!"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Brotherly mail hook-up from ATL

Lower right is The Bridge Xian Rock LP from N.C. Colt 45 is Iowa Southern Rock with cuts like "Weed & Whiskey" and "My Friend Jack" Top right is crazy New Wave/Hard Rock LP from '81.

Lower left is Bee Jay Sampler from Florida with 10 bar bands.....LP has samples of their show to help get them get gigs. Lower right is obscure Horn Rock by River Saint.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    cop'd this on the street over the weekend. it's bugged.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

glen gould solo piano

plus fuchs-solo viola on decca gold label and Villa-Llobos bachianas brasileiras
    and Tono Bungay!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    rock, ive seen that Beejay sampler but with a pictureless cover. it had some kind of design on it though. i remember it being interesting but not quite slamming.

here tis: http://www.popsike.com/VARIOUS-Bee-Jay-Booking-Agency-Sampler-LP/400200621696.html

• Finds from the last week, all up in the trade forum:

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Just these 45s. Plus a few others which were upgrades of things I already had so I didn't bother including them.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    April has been a good month for records. I haven't been able to buy any records for a longer time because I just didn't have any money left. But now, as there's finally comning in some money and it's fleamarket season again.
    Made some good scores on a weekend trip to Dresden. All the records were 3??? a piece.

I'm really loving that Aura Urziceanu one. Great romanian scat with big orchestra. Couldn't find "Cintec Din Oas" online and try to upload later.

Then yesterday a buddy is calling me to tell me that there's an American guy sitting at a street corner 5 minutes from here selling his record collection with mostly jazz-funk-disco-house stuff. Couldn't believe it, went there and although two friends had already cleaned out pretty well I still found some decent stuff.

I bought that Prince Buster "The Message Dub-Wise" for my girlfriend who is a big Dub/Rocksteady lover and that's a great one. He sold it for 15 ??? which is a pretty good deal in my book.

A few other finds, China Burton, Central Line and David Newman are discogs-purchases.

Finally I dug through the records still sitting in my old room when I spend the Eastern at my parents house and found something to take home.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Nice Find on the Uschi Br??hning! One of my favourite Amiga LPs.

Whats up with those "Hallo" comps?

Cosmophonic said:

Whats up with those "Hallo" comps?

Uschi is great. There are also some very nice 45s of her.

I'm not exactly knowledgeable when comes to the "Hallo" comps. I just take them when they're cheap. No.2 has two essential polish organ-female vox tracks.

The three on the pictures are not really exciting but so far I have skipped through.. No.5 has something niceparts but no must haves. I'm sure there are some great tracks on some of the other issues.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    disco_che said:
    The three on the pictures are not really exciting but so far I have skipped through.. No.5 has something niceparts but no must haves. I'm sure there are some great tracks on some of the other issues.

Isn't nr. 5 the one with Electra-Combo "??ber Feuer"?
    That's a pretty nice track IMO. I wouldn't mind having a copy of that.

m_dejean said:
    disco_che said:

Right, it's on No.5. Great group but I don't dig the vocals. If you like this than the Uve Schickora one might be something for you too.

m_dejean said:
    disco_che said:

Right, it's on No.5. Great group but I don't dig the vocals. If you like this than the Uve Schickora one might be something for you too.

• exte82exte82 202 Posts
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Record show finds

• Nice finds PCMR. I recently copped the Brazilian forro LP you got in there too!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Cosmophonic said:

one of my favorite tracks SS has put me on too!

• InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
    A few $2 finds today:

J.R. Bailey - Just Me 'N You (still sealed)
    Ann Peebles - I Can't Stand the Rain (Promo)
    Al Green - Explores Your Mind (Promo)
    Syl Johnson - Diamond in the Rough (Promo)

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    Die

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    Need the bailey still

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    pcmr said:
    Cosmophonic said:

Yup. Thanks Grope!

I love 1st of May. Always a big fleamarket in the city centre and always sunny weather. We were selling our shit together with a bunch of friends, i made some money off my "not worth to sell on ebay-records", spend 15 bucks on a few very nice finds and will end up DJing one of the biggest parties of the year we have in this smalltown. Happy day.

Here's what I found:

Very happy about the Adam Makowicz which is some superb Rhodes-Jazz. Marion Scharf has been a wantlist one too.

pcmr said:
    Cosmophonic said:

Which one, "Welch ein Zufall" or "Hochzeitsnacht" ?

• JehovWetJehovWet 40 Posts
    I don't think I've ever actually posted in a finds thread (or much at all), but this isn't typical of my hungover late to the flea market Sunday. Sealed.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    disco_che said:
    pcmr said:
    Cosmophonic said:

Which one, "Welch ein Zufall" or "Hochzeitsnacht" ?

R****l. check your pms, please!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    I've been at my first northern soul weekender in Bamberg, called "Soul Shaker". It was awesome to say the least.
    What a stunning line up:

Brad Hales (USA)
    Butch (UK)
    Karl Marthon (SWE), Lars Bulnheim (DE)
    SoulSam (UK)
    Dave Thorley (UK)
    Marc Forres (DE)
    Dave Ripolles (UK)
    Malayka (CH)

There was a dealer who sold one of my longtime wants for a reasonable price:

Very glad to have it finally!