DJ wanted for Whittier, CA wedding reception

edited April 2011 in Announcements
I am seeking a dj to hire for a Whittier backyard wedding reception on Saturday June 11th starting around 6-7 pm until around midnight (or the cops show up???.it is Whittier after all). Must have your own sound system. Hopefully you still rock vinyl but if you use one of those new fangled serato/microwave thingies you still might be considered. Looking for a dj that is comfortable playing a party rocking mix of: classic soul/disco/funk/boogie, acumbia, freestyle, some salsa, chicano oldies, classic hip-hop/new jack swing, etc??????basically shit that a mostly Latino crowd aged 16-65 can appreciate and get down to. As there will be a mariachi performing in the afternoon, you can leave your banda and ranchera at home. And while I might appreciate your obscure, private pressed,limited to 10 test pressing boogie 7 inches???..nobody else will. The wifey or I may also have a request or two. If available, please reply with your rates, contact info and if you have links to some mixes you???ve posted on the interwebs send me those. Also, if you have a regular night somewhere in LA/Orange county, let me know and perhaps the wifey and I will check it out.

p.s. In addition to cash compensation, there will be free tri-tip bbq and free flowing margaritas/sangria

email: machenkins@yahoo.com