keeping the weight off, the best way

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Get single, stay single. or single-ish at least.

This really only applies to people in serious relationships but after spending the entirety of my 20s with long-term girlfriends, I've been a bachelor for the past 8 months or so. I'm down about 10 lbs in purely excess weight, which is pretty noticeable for my frame. I'm in the best shape I've been in in quite some time, and I feel great.

Comments

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Cardio.

But weight training and building muscle are another story.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    What the hell is being discussed in this thread? Are you asking for tips, or are you like Valerie Bertinelli in this shit, blogging about your weight loss success story?
    Are you saying you get lazy in relationships and so then you get fat and then they break up with you?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yeah this is silly. not getting health tips from soulstrut. sorry

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Glad you feel great and all, but 10 lbs in 8 months?

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Want to keep the weight off and build muscle bench 78's, curl 45's. Boxes of both! For cardio jog with 12's in a back pack for 10 miles a day.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    jaymack said:
    yeah this is silly. not getting health tips from soulstrut. sorry

THIS

But...

Once you get your regular routine down, try to eat more or less the same thing every day (or subtle variations thereof). Apples/carrots/minimal carbs/protein etc. = win.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Deegreez said:

Are you saying you get lazy in relationships and so then you get fat and then they break up with you?

No, I'm sayin' people in relationships tend to eat more I think. Think about it, you're at home minding your own business and your guy/gal comes in and surprises you with a brownie or something. or maybe you're both bored sitting around the house so you walk to get ice cream. Or he/she's starving and wants to get dinner, but you're not all that hungry but you go out anyways. That's been my experience at least. Now I just eat on my own schedule, which generally amounts to a small breakfast, one meal meal midday, and light snacking in the evening/night.

Re: Gyms .. I don't belong to a one, but based on people I know that go all the time, they seem like a pretty huge waste of money.

Re: unsolicited diet tip of the day .. If what you're about to eat primarily came from a box and/or the freezer, it's probably not that good for you . Even if it says it is. (lean cuisine, morning star farms, etc..)