Seattle Strutters?

CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Hey all,

Been reading Soul Strut and the posts over here for months, and decided to join recently. Just wanted to introduce myself Also, are there any Seattle/northwest strutters on the forum?

-Brad

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Casteneda said:
    Hey all,

Been reading Soul Strut and the posts over here for months, and decided to join recently. Just wanted to introduce myself Also, are there any Seattle/northwest strutters on the forum?

-Brad

Welcome to the boards Brad. I live in Seattle Chinatown. Dee Rock(Supreme), Jake Uno, Christian and a few other guys I'm forgetting are all here in Seattle. Quite a few Soulstrut folls from other cities come through Seattle often to visit. The homie Cosmo Baker does DJ gigs here every couple months. I am sure more Seattle people will post replies in this thread.

Now some questions for you Brad:

How long have you been buying records?
    Favorite album?
    Best live band you have ever seen?
    Favorite gangster rap artist?
    Favorite Popeye's side order?
    Favorite alcohol?
    Post a picture of a woman with nice elbows.

Regards,

Chan

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Portland. Let me know when you come down.

• CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
    Casteneda said:
    Hey all,

-Brad

Welcome to the boards Brad. I live in Seattle Chinatown. Dee Rock(Supreme), Jake Uno, Christian and a few other guys I'm forgetting are all here in Seattle. Quite a few Soulstrut folls from other cities come through Seattle often to visit. The homie Cosmo Baker does DJ gigs here every couple months. I am sure more Seattle people will post replies in this thread.

Now some questions for you Brad:

Hey Chan,

Thanks for the welcome! This seems like a cool place here. I used to live in Fremont, but actually live in Shoreline now (bought a house with the wife over a year ago, can't afford to live right in the city)

How long have you been buying records? Honestly, a majority of my collection is on cds, as I would prefer to buy them on vinyl but it seems lots of reissues that I like are much easier to find on cd these days. My first record that I bought was in kindergarten actually, in the early 80's. I made my dad take me to Cellophane Square in Bellingham, as I loved George Benson and bought "Breezin".

Favorite album? Favorite album is a tough call, depending on my mood, but my three favorites are probably: Sam Cooke "Live at Harlem Square", Beach Boys "Pet Sounds", and Charles Mingus "Black Saint and the Sinner Lady".

Best live band you have ever seen? Best live band I ever saw was Tom Waits, Eugene, 1998, he blew me away.

Favorite gangster rap artist? My favorite gangster rap artist is no longer living--Notorious BIG. "Ready to Die", and NWA "Straight Outta Compton" are my favorite two gangster rap albums. Actually, would Nas "Illmatic" count? That's probably one of my favorite rap albums of all-time.

Favorite Popeye's side order? Favorite Popeye's order--chicken, mash potatoes, and a biscuit (usually order an extra biscuit).

Favorite alcohol? Tough call. I'm a margarita guy, so a good Tequila hits the spot. Also love vodka-tonics as well (Grey Goose vodka).

Post a picture of a woman with nice elbows. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Big_Chan said:

Aw yeah! I wore that Swass tape out in elementary school!

LaserWolf said:
    Portland. Let me know when you come down.

Love Portland! Lived there for 7 years. The wife and I will be there in three weeks, as I have a conference there. We'll be hitting up Pambiche. Love me some Cuban food!

novocaine132 said:
    Love this comp!