The Furious Five Meets the Sugarhill Gang - ShowDown Studio Pressing, Master Pressing.. What do I o

NickGNickG 1 Post
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
I was going through some old LPs and ran into an LP, I bought over 10 years ago at the old Record Library in St. Louis, MO. I have no idea how to appraise the value of. I guess I have two questions. The record in question is entitiled 'The Showdown' the Artist is: The Furious Five Meets the Sugarhill Gang. .ie. the Gflash and gang.

The copy is not the SugarHill Record Label as the standard 12". It appears to be either the Studio pressing or the Master Pressing album for the 12", or possibly the single track press for the full LP (truly showing inexperience here in the past wording).. This is of course my theory about the LP and I could be totally wrong. The record in question is dated: 5-15-81 and all the wording looks like was put up by typewriter. The Studio is: Sterling Sound with the date of the recording. The backside of the LP is slick black and the record is very heavy. The track length is longer than the SugarHill Label ' Showdown' I have pictures if anyone is interested?

Much thanks in advance for any responses. Happy Record Day. I would most certainly also be interested in some good old fashioned record chat and I'm new to the site.

My two questions are: 1) Do you have any suggestions on how to verify that the LP is in fact a master copy, master recording or press master and/or studio pressing or nothing at all? and 2) if so give me an idea on how to price something like this for sale, piece or mind or to retain., I would assume is not listed in any price guide?

Also really like to swap duplicates.. gots lots of funk 45s.

Nick G. from KC.