Wayback Machine Goodness

HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
ThesOne:

"Anyways, if you have heard the song it would be easy to tell that it is not intended at madlib. It is me dissinbg all the little fucks out there who scower the internet and record stores looking for nothing more than loops. Because this is about so much more than that. It's about learning our culture history and linking the only other truly unique american musical creations to our modern one: hip hop. So fuck a loop, because it's so much more than that, and if i need explain more than you shouldn't be concerned with my music to start with. This "loopdigging" attitude also diminishes the ethics of producing and beatdigging, because if all you care about is the loop, then why not sample a repressing? Fuck that. If an OG jazz cat who released a private pressing album back in the day never got his props, the least i can do is hunt it down and therefor raise the price of the record to something collectible. The original musicians 95 percent of the time never get a dime from a reissue and it lowers the value of the original. So fuck loops, fuck reissues and fuck everyone. I'm tired of having to explain myself. In an ideal hip hop world all this would be clear as day anyways and my explanations would be redundant. Such is not the case and beef seems to be the special today. Make it what you want, but i have already straightened this out with the only people who should be concerned about it. So basically, i didn't diss madlib, it's just unfortunate that he chose that as an alais. I was calling out all the bitch ass beatdiggers, whoever they are. And I stand behind that."

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20021230184704/http://www.soulstrut.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001065.html

Care to defend yourself, Thes?

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    That was wayback... Way back when 500 posts was considerable.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Are you on a mission to eliminate all wackness in society today? Then, spread the gospel. Tell a friend, step-uncle, parole officer, or lunch lady about the hottest beat webzine on the net, Soul Strut.com. Cool?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    2002-era Reynaldo Gem

Reynaldo said:
    Personall I don't have a problem with re-issues because music should be heard and enjoyed any way you can get it.

LOLZ

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    musica said:
    2002-era Reynaldo Gem

Reynaldo said:
    Personall I don't have a problem with re-issues because music should be heard and enjoyed any way you can get it.

LOLZ

That's back when Rey was poor. And repping Stockton.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Note how people were using their location for aaah... locations, until Phill came along and invented putting quotes in there.

• It's funny i pretty much feel the same way 9 years later, so, no I have nothing to defend.

"I was calling out all the bitch ass beatdiggers, whoever they are. And I stand behind that."

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    *buys stocks*

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I make money from clowns like you kids on soulstrut. Actually i dont cause yall are some nickel and dime, cornball ass, tricks are for kids toys. Clowns are funny. Sometimes scary but always can put a buck or two in your pocket.
    It does amaze me though that all you kids out there pop all this high profile shit about records and whose who and what record is cool and which record is wack, who sucks what, listen to my mediocre (at best!) beat, teabag this, negro that, cracker said what type shit but none of you have a record store workers number? Mad kids are sitting here watching what you cats are poppin off on and thinking you know what the deal is. Its mostly hilarious due to the fact that I would assume 80% of you fucks are beginning diggers. "Ohhh I got Joe Pass/Monty Alexander/David Axelrod for $30...YAY!" Are you Frickin' kids joking? "Whats the most you spend on records? Fuck that I only do the dollar bins cause THATS where the deals come into play!" You kids are Frickin' herbs and Ill be the first and last to say it. On some price shit still?!?!? Cmon! Records are worth what they are worth to that individual buyer. Dont Frickin' hate on some newbie cause they dont know their shit yet. WE WERE ALL THERE ONCE! Dont step up to the plate on some high roller big baller I got skills diggin and you dont shit unless you have heat. Which most of you DONT! The funniest thing is is that Ive spoken to some of you kids over the years and you dont know SHIT! Word up! DONT KNOW SHIT! You sit on the mighty soulstrut board and pop knowledge about shit you know NOTHING about. None of you dig for real. None of you are tracking down old djs or singers and getting info. None of you are learning about the culture of music. You just sit there with your silly player and pop like you know but you dont. You Frickin' run down to the nickel and dime spots and pick up some record on your break from school/work/television with some negro surrounded by whiteys on the cover with afros and think you got a Frickin' winner. Frickin' punk ass little kids with your Frickin' brand new Vestex 33/45/78 portable trying to out-shine the next little rascal. Are you all for real? Ill give respect to those that deserve it. Im not saying that cats like Dante, Eothen, Mike V., or Josh are the best at the game cause straight up NOBODY is. We are all still learning and when any of you fuckers talk shit about someone elses skills you are really only talking about yourself. This includes Shing, me, Dizzy, and the rest of yall. Ill call myself out and be like "Yo I talk mad shit cause Im not the best." You talk mad shit cause you think you are. Fools. You know whos deep....Manship, Tefteller, Wickum, Tee, Anderson, Rosen, and Shivley. These MFers have been doing what we would like to be doing for 30 years! I think its probably the heat thats making me write this cause I puss out when the weather changes to anything about 65 and what Im saying is probably bullshit but for the moment I mean it. So as I step off this bullshit ass podium that Im standing on and reading off you young kids all I gotta say is this....your diggin skills suck and anyone that pops off with some nickel and dime bullshit record should get dropped from ever posting again. Frickin' toys find some records that are impressive and then come and write your bullshit but until then just stop diggin because you are an embarrassment to the trade...............

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Who's tangent was this^^^?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Breez said:
    Who's tangent was this^^^?

Jinx74

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    If I could find it, I would post up Thes' story about winning a couch on the price is right. That was priceless (pun?)

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    HOLLAFAME said:
    If I could find it, I would post up Thes' story about winning a couch on the price is right. That was priceless (pun?)

Come on down!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    HOLLAFAME said:

Come on down!

Oh, and the search string I used to find that thread? "price is right unstoppable shirt"

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    RAJ said:
    I make money from clowns like you kids on soulstrut. Actually i dont cause yall are some nickel and dime, cornball ass, tricks are for kids toys. Clowns are funny. Sometimes scary but always can put a buck or two in your pocket.
    It does amaze me though that all you kids out there pop all this high profile shit about records and whose who and what record is cool and which record is wack, who sucks what, listen to my mediocre (at best!) beat, teabag this, negro that, cracker said what type shit but none of you have a record store workers number? Mad kids are sitting here watching what you cats are poppin off on and thinking you know what the deal is. Its mostly hilarious due to the fact that I would assume 80% of you fucks are beginning diggers. "Ohhh I got Joe Pass/Monty Alexander/David Axelrod for $30...YAY!" Are you Frickin' kids joking? "Whats the most you spend on records? Fuck that I only do the dollar bins cause THATS where the deals come into play!" You kids are Frickin' herbs and Ill be the first and last to say it. On some price shit still?!?!? Cmon! Records are worth what they are worth to that individual buyer. Dont Frickin' hate on some newbie cause they dont know their shit yet. WE WERE ALL THERE ONCE! Dont step up to the plate on some high roller big baller I got skills diggin and you dont shit unless you have heat. Which most of you DONT! The funniest thing is is that Ive spoken to some of you kids over the years and you dont know SHIT! Word up! DONT KNOW SHIT! You sit on the mighty soulstrut board and pop knowledge about shit you know NOTHING about. None of you dig for real. None of you are tracking down old djs or singers and getting info. None of you are learning about the culture of music. You just sit there with your silly player and pop like you know but you dont. You Frickin' run down to the nickel and dime spots and pick up some record on your break from school/work/television with some negro surrounded by whiteys on the cover with afros and think you got a Frickin' winner. Frickin' punk ass little kids with your Frickin' brand new Vestex 33/45/78 portable trying to out-shine the next little rascal. Are you all for real? Ill give respect to those that deserve it. Im not saying that cats like Dante, Eothen, Mike V., or Josh are the best at the game cause straight up NOBODY is. We are all still learning and when any of you fuckers talk shit about someone elses skills you are really only talking about yourself. This includes Shing, me, Dizzy, and the rest of yall. Ill call myself out and be like "Yo I talk mad shit cause Im not the best." You talk mad shit cause you think you are. Fools. You know whos deep....Manship, Tefteller, Wickum, Tee, Anderson, Rosen, and Shivley. These MFers have been doing what we would like to be doing for 30 years! I think its probably the heat thats making me write this cause I puss out when the weather changes to anything about 65 and what Im saying is probably bullshit but for the moment I mean it. So as I step off this bullshit ass podium that Im standing on and reading off you young kids all I gotta say is this....your diggin skills suck and anyone that pops off with some nickel and dime bullshit record should get dropped from ever posting again. Frickin' toys find some records that are impressive and then come and write your bullshit but until then just stop diggin because you are an embarrassment to the trade...............

LOCATIONS for dayz!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    RAJ said:
    puss out when the weather changes

LOCATIONS for dayz!

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    pap is comming...

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    cats are poppin off

pop like you know

bullshit ass podium