BVG'S RECORDS: HOT OR NOT?

99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Which ones are you feelin'/not feelin'? http://www.geocities.jp/tfgroove/

HOT[/b]

I've got a few of the Crazy Cajun joints, but like this one the best. Check it for 'Graveyard Creep' and the title track.

Solid and funky. Just like this morning's shit.

NOT[/b]

Godawful record on Crazy Cajun. Straight trash. A Stevie Wonder cover could not save this...

BOOTY! One of the worst records I've ever heard. Easily.

UNDECIDED[/b]

This album is almost like comedy. Title track is cool but can't see myself listening to this a wholelot.

Comments

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    HOT[/b]

Definitely worth it for the low price this can still be had for. "Move Me" is a classic in my mind. The way the flute echos at the beginning still give me the chills. And so does the Big L track that wisely sampled this.

Heard this once at the Bizzo compound and stayed in my mental wantlist since.

Very soulful gospel with interesting synth sounds.

Got this off another strutter and it was sealed. Paid big with no regrets. Love this LP. Great to listen to any time of year.

NOT[/b]

Only heard this a few times at Casa de la El V. Best sounding thing I've heard on Guinness so far, still didn't blow me away though. Perhaps I need to listen to this again?

Not terrible but not great either. A few nice lo-fi soul tunes. Each side was recorded by a different artists. The track I like was "Ain't Nuthin' Wrong with Me" on the R. Forch side.

I'd heard a few good things about this but really wasn't feelin' it. He sounds like Lou Rawls meets Tom Jones with a little bit of country twang thrown in..

Also this is not "disco" by the way...

Real Headz...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I'd heard a few good things about this but really wasn't feelin' it. He sounds like Lou Rawls meets Tom Jones with a little bit of country twang thrown in..
    Wow, I saw that on sale at TSL for $90. Thanks for the heads up...

Word. Those dudes are HIGH to charge that for this record.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Do you have an MP3? Oh yeah, TSL is weaksauce.

Do you have an MP3? Oh yeah, TSL is weaksauce.

No MP3, sorry. We could do a trade though...

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

That ish is GARBAGE. Sealed copies for days in Detroit. Not worth the $10 it would cost to pick 'em up.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Not if people are buying it...

Not if people are buying it...

People aren't buying it. It's been listed on their site for like 6 months or more...

NOT[/b]

You modern soul heads will dig this the track 'Loving you' on this.

Sounds like Shuggie Otis meets Jamiroquai..

also wasn't diggin' this late disco steez..can still be had for cheap.

HOT[/b]

Don't have a copy of this but listen to it on my computer. Nice mellow jazzness.

Don't have a copy of this but listen to it on my computer. Nice mellow jazzness.

My first gospel record! Great musicians on here and unexpected sounds. If you don't mind them dropping the J-bomb every two sentences you will love the sound of this. Justin hipped me to this, of course.

HOT[/b]

Still one of my favorite records. I prefer trap drums but the drum machine I can forgive on this because his voice with the guitar sounds so good.

Sorry no soundclips guys.

HOT[/b]

Really enjoyed this live jazz album. Unfortunately, the recording wasn't the best soundwise. This woman's voice is real seductive (especially on 'theme from superfly') and there is good banter between the songs. She's straight up dissing some of the people in the crowd.

Feel free to comment on any of these records...

• Why you blowin up my spot?

You said that Hot Ice was the

That Hot Ice is Hot Doo doo

But the Japanese Collectros will for $49.99!!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Does this have a modern soul flavor to it?

Does this have a modern soul flavor to it?

Not really...that's why enjoyed it. Mellow Soul

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    HOT[/b]

Really enjoyed this live jazz album. Unfortunately, the recording wasn't the best soundwise. This woman's voice is real seductive (especially on 'theme from superfly') and there is good banter between the songs. She's straight up dissing some of the people in the crowd.

Do you own this or did you hear it on my radio show?

Her "Give Me your Love" cover is

HOT[/b]

I had my own copy but had to return it because of a scratch. Great record though.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    HOT[/b]

I had my own copy but had to return it because of a scratch. Great record though.

HOT[/b]

Why suspect? I paid a lot for it and expected it would be a mint copy.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Takayuki is a good guy. You can hear one of his mixes on my website and I'm broadcasting another of his mixes next week. Dude is totally upfront with the knowledge; every MD comes with a tracklisting. I wish he would fade one record into the other, but such is life.

www.waxingdeep.org

Takayuki is a good guy. You can hear one of his mixes on my website and I'm broadcasting another of his mixes next week. Dude is totally upfront with the knowledge; every MD comes with a tracklisting. I wish he would fade one record into the other, but such is life.

www.waxingdeep.org

I keep forgetting your radio shows are downloadable. Thanks for the reminder, Danno..