Wrestler Razor Ramon in rough rough shape, oh the mighty have fallen

downtownrobbrowndowntownrobbrown 446 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Hall was the only member of The Kliq not on hand to see longtime friend, Shawn Michaels inducted to the WWE Hall Of Fame and decided to not attend any of the Wrestlemania XXVII festivitiies due to concerns of remaining sober in that type of atmosphere. Hall posted on his Twitter page during the Wrestlemania event, "Taker wins!" which was in reference to The Undertaker winning his match over Triple H, one of Hall's closest friends in the business. Wrestler, CM Punk, who is known for living a Straight Edge lifestyle praised Hall for his deicision not to attend the Wrestlemania events because it could hurt his sobriety.

On April 7, 2011, Hall was reportedly taken to the hospital due to drug overdose though Hall's representative quickly responded that the info was untrue and fabricated saying that Hall was at home and doing fine that day. Hall's rep said that he was however in the hospital for low blood pressure and a change to his blood pressure medication. His rep said that Scott visits his doctor on a regular basis and is still recovering from his double pneumonia and being treated for his heart.

Hall gave a interview on April 7 discussing a appearence at a independant wrestling show the following day saying that the fans who bought tickets would get their money's worth. He discussed his problems with alcohol and drugs by saying that while alcohol is fun and drugs are when you want to quit, you can't and it hurts everyone that is close to you. Hall stated that he has been to rehab 19 times and attended thousands of AA and NA meetings but this time was making a honest attempt to stay sober. Hall credited close friends such as Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman and Shawn Michaels with helping him through his battles.

On April 8, 2011, one day after his rumored overdose, Hall showed up clearly intoxicated to his appearence at a Top Rope Promotions wrestling show in Massachusetts. Things were so bad that Hall, who was still wearing a hospital bracelet, had to be helped out to and into the ring by two men because he was unable to walk on his own. Hall proceeded to cut a promo and was confronted by a local wrestler named Gorgeous Gino Giovanni who tried to start a match between Hall and Giovanni with Justin Credible. Some of the fans were confused by his behavior, some understood what was happening while others in the crowd heckled Hall to the point where Hall, who apparently was so confused that thought he was in England and not New England, called the crowd a bunch of wankers, which is English insult. After the match between Giovanni and Credible, Hall, who was still slurring, asked Giovanni to come back to the ring using the term "tampon". Former wrestler, Scotty 2 Hotty was at the show and said seeing Hall in that condition was one of the saddest, most embarassing things he has ever witnessed and asked how many people have to die before they learn. After the event, Hall was onhand for autograph signings and clearly still intoxicated.

TMZ reported on April 9, 2011 that Hall was taken to the hospital following his appearence at a indie wrestling show on April 8 in Massachusetts. Hall is being treated for for cardiac issues and will remain in the hospital for at least three days. Hall is reported to be on ten different medications which TMZ reports led to his overdoes on April 7 although his rep quickly denied any report of a overdose.

Video of the said "performance" . Man you gotta feel for the guy. Obviously, he wrestling with demons.

Comments

• That was tough to watch. Growing up he was right up there in my opinion with The Macho Man, The Nature Boy and The Undertaker as one of the most intriging wrestling personalities. As much as I loved him as Razor Ramon, the man needs to focus on being Scott Hall and taking care of himself. I pray that he can conquer these problems soon.

• Yeah I don't know why that was so tough to watch but it was. I feel really bad for him. It was like watching a trainwreck.

I don't really think he has great friends because someone needed to step in.

• downtownrobbrown said:
    Yeah I don't know why that was so tough to watch but it was. I feel really bad for him. It was like watching a trainwreck.

I don't really think he has great friends because someone needed to step in.

I don't really think he has CLOSE friends because at least one of them would've stopped him from going to begin with.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Scott Hall was never as good as Rick Rude.

b/w

That was sad.

• Bon Vivant said:
    Scott Hall was never as good as Rick Rude.

b/w

That was sad.

Cut the music!

I made some rick rude t-shirts:

http://www.vintageland.com/shop/index.php?option=com_ecwid&Itemid;=#ecwid:category=537499&mode=product&product=2007347

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Hall has friends and also access to unlimited rehabilitation at any point he wants it.

This vid was pathetic, whoever was running that indie show should be hung from the fucking ceiling.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    He's got nothing on Jake the Snake or Sandman

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    "The mighty"? Not sure about that one. After all, dude only made it as far as Intercontinental Champion, right?

Razor's Edge was a sick finisher though.

• Get better Scott! Razor Ramon/Scott Hall is a true legend! Steamboat only attained IC (IIRC) and he is a legend. Hell yeah the Razor's Edge is sick, and dude wrestled in one of the best matches ever: Ladder Match at Wrestlemania X.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    button said:
    "The mighty"? Not sure about that one. After all, dude only made it as far as Intercontinental Champion, right?

:get_on_my_level: