Talking Ads on Soul Strut

HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
I was just sitting in silence in my room reading the paper and suddenly heard voices speaking in another language. Shit freaked me out and I looked at my computer to see if any windows were open to account for it, but no, just the usual.

And then I noticed the banner ad here for Chinese TV and that the voices I was hearing were speaking Chinese.

Is this new? I thought my computer was haunted.

The irony, of course, is that I'm most likely to blame for my talk about Chinese medicine here.

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    How long has Soulstrut been rocking Adbrite ?

I got some super unapplicable ads about Moms making $87 an hour.

I'm not sure if SS used to use Adsense, but either way the ads were way more relevant and I used to check quite a few of em out.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Word I thought I had a one of those browser re directing computer viruses when I saw the ads could've have sworn I was re directed to the wrong site.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:

For a week...

Google kicked me out of their adsense program with no warning what so ever.

Apparently having links to copyrighted video clips is against their policy. They cited a thread that was full of youtube links. Last time I checked Google owned youtube.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:

For a week...

Google kicked me out of their adsense program with no warning what so ever.

Apparently having links to copyrighted video clips is against their policy. They cited a thread that was full of youtube links. Last time I checked Google owned youtube.

They're not too hot on their customer service. I remember I had a website which got dropped down the rankings by Google but they wouldn't tell me why or what I had to do to remedy the situation.

They just told me 'Do what you think you need to do and then submit a reconsideration request'.

Took about 4 months for my traffic to return back to normal levels.