Decline of Western Civilization

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Been reading and listening in the 17 year thread.

It's no secret I don't know, nor care, much about rock music.
But I have always loved a good documentary. This movie was a big deal to me in the 80s, must have seen it 3 times. Have been wanting to add it to the queue, but it's been unavailable. Now it's in the queue, on save.
I couldn't even find a trailer, or the scenes I like on youtube.

What's the deal, why is this classic movie unavailable?

Anyone else like?

Comments

• Options
    LaserWolf said:
    Been reading and listening in the 17 year thread.

It's no secret I don't know, nor care, much about rock music.
    But I have always loved a good documentary. This movie was a big deal to me in the 80s, must have seen it 3 times. Have been wanting to add it to the queue, but it's been unavailable. Now it's in the queue, on save.
    I couldn't even find a trailer, or the scenes I like on youtube.

What's the deal, why is this classic movie unavailable?

Anyone else like?

A total classic. Getting the Germs, X, Black Flag and Fear together in one movie showed Spheeris had a good eye/ear for what was going on, and even though Catholic Discipline sucked the Claude Bessey scenes add to the movie.

I'm surprised it's not available. There was a VHS tape at one point. I might even have it stored somewhere.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I have to agree. This was such a great doc and the light that it shined on the "Strip" lifestyle was insane. So many classic moments.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Supposedly the holdup with DVD releases for all of the Decline movies is music licensing. They are all out there for download on the torrent sites if you dig around though.