Final LCD Soundsystem Show @ MSG Setlist

downtownrobbrowndowntownrobbrown 446 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Sorry for another thread but this show looked pretty sick! Too bad I got shut out. Love the Nilsson cover!

Full set:

Set 1

Dance Yrself Clean
Drunk Girls
I Can Change
Time To Get Away
Get Innocuous
Daft Punk Is Playing At My House
Too Much Love
All My Friends
Tired (1)

Set 2

45:33 (Part 1) > (2)
45.33 (Part 2) >
Sound Of Silver >
45.33 (Part 4) >
45.33 (Part 5) >
45.33 (Part 6)
Freak Out/Starry Eyes

Set 3

Us V Them
North American Scum (3)
Bye Bye Bayou (4)
You Wanted A Hit >
Tribulations
Movement >
Yeah (Crass Version) >
Someone Great >
Losing My Edge (5)
Home

Encore

All I Want
Jump Into The Fire (6)
New York I Love You

(1) w/ Heart Of Sunrise tease (Yes)
(2) w/ Reggie Watts
(3) w/ Arcade Fire
(4) Alan Vega cover
(5) w/ Da Funk tease (Daft Punk)
(6) Harry Nilsson cover

Comments

• Here's a youtube of the whole show if anyone's interested.

• Thanks for posting that link. I was able to see about half of the video before UMG/EMI had it yanked off of YouTube.

If EMI had a face I would currently be trying to punch its nose into its brain.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I grabbed the whole video when it was up. It's a pretty big file, but I can try and post it somewhere if anyone's interested.

• I would love that. Please do!

10 minutes in and I am holding steady at 0% upped to megaupload. Only 42 hours to go!

The file's a gig, so it's gonna be a little rough regardless, but I'll bring it in tomorrow and see how it goes with some more bandwidth at the office.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Thanks Unherd!

• Audio link of the show:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H66GH4LT

Some LCD fans might enjoy streaming the new Panda Bear album here too:

http://www.npr.org/2011/04/03/134987319/first-listen-panda-bear-tomboy?ft=1&f=10001

Anyone still wanting the video? I put it on a flashdrive this morning and forgot to bring it to the office, but if people are still interested, I can try to fail less tomorrow.

• still want that video badly!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Mongo_Slade said:
    still want that video badly!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I would had preferred a 45:33 opener.

why the internet is still fucked with nerdery in 11'

Why is the LCD Soundsystem 45:33 called 45:33 when it is actually about 46 minutes long?
    If you look on last.fm or Wikipedia, they all show the track being about 46 minutes long, usually 45:58.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/45:33

2 Answers

Charlie Cheever, Quora
    4 votes by Kate Walton, Ajay Mehta, Nick Strate and Antoine Bayle
    I'm not sure but I think it's a reference to the length of Daft Punk's Alive 1997.

Some ideas that seem reasonable to me are:

* The core recording is only 45:33 and some portion of the 45:58 is considered filler. I don't know which part this would be though.
    * Some earlier version of the song was actually 45:33 in length, and James Murphy named the song at that time, grew attached to it, and didn't want to change it even when the length of the song changed.
    * 45:33 doesn't refer to time at all but is instead a reference to RPMs on a record player (45 and 33 are the most common speeds.)
    * 45:33 is a reference to Daft Punk's Alive 1997 which is 45:33 in length. (Interestingly, the Wikipedia article on 45:33 mentions this fact but doesn't draw any connection between the naming of 45:33 and the fact.)
    * Something else entirely.

A number of sources on the Internet say that the song is named for it's length but I wasn't able to find anything definitive. My personal guess is that the reference to Daft Punk is most likely since LCD Soundsystem's first hit was "Daft Punk is Playing at My House," and so there's precedent for referencing Daft Punk in song titles.
    Insert a dynamic date here
    View All 0 Comments
    Cannot add comment at this time.
    Charlie Cheever

Rob Davis
    The actual length of the track is 45:33 mins. Murphy said that in several interviews. Its nothing to do with the Daft Punk track.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Would have really loved to see this. If anyone has the whole show plz to holler.

I was leaving a party last year during Coachella (feeling pretty...uh...good, I might add) and ended up following Mr. Murphy out. I didn't realize who it was at first, but I remember thinking who the is this dude in the white linen suit leaving with four of the baddest women in the place? He turned around, shot me a look and I casually stated "James Murphy is a pimp."

...In retrospect I probably looked like some weirdo following him in the parking lot.

• Unherd said:

thank you!

• i posted this on another thread and got chirped. it's ok.

he really sold out MSG on multiple nights? the 20K seater the Knicks play in or the more intimate theater in the basement? how big is (was?) LCD Soundsystem nowadays in terms of fan base?