Dusty Groove fucked me over...

DJelV2000DJelV2000 322 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
i got a copy of Clarence Wheeler 'doin' what we wanna" for $10....good deal, huh?Problem is when I got it "the love i've been looking for" was the record in the the sleve...WTF?!?!They offered to refund the $9.99 I spent on it, but not the shipping (even when I asked for it)...That sucks, you'd think they'd at least send you the replacement for nothin'I've had some great experiences on DG and some not so...I just had to vent, I'm sure ya'll got stories...

Comments

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Crusty Move Records

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Crusty Move Records

What?

No

???

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    They should have reviewed it as:

"Actually not this record at all, but a different one that's a real groover! with a warm breezy late 70s vibe -- warm, rich harmonies and a lightly skipping feel that's a bit bossa, a bit Italian soundtrack, and all groovy! "

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    You KNOW? TREW's gonna chime in on this thread.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    yo i've had the same problem with a Groove Holmes record, but they offered to replace mine for free, told me to keep the wrong one as a gift.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Once I bought a 45 from Jazzman which was pressed waay off centre, so Letta Mbulu was going 'Why do they foooOOOOOooooOOOOOooooOOOOOoooollow me around.......'.

The steez were making me sea sick man, but Jazzman were cool about it and sent me some pills for it.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Once I bought a 45 from Jazzman which was pressed waay off centre, so Letta Mbulu was going 'Why do they foooOOOOOooooOOOOOooooOOOOOoooollow me around.......'.

The steez were making me sea sick man, but Jazzman were cool about it and sent me some pills for it.

that reminds me, my grandfather was a graphic artist back in the day. And one of his clients was a company called 'Nu-Hole' (or newhole). Anyway, they sold a kit that repaired off-center or wornout spindle holes on records. Granted, they were for shellac 78s, but a cool idea.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

"Actually not this record at all, but a different one that's a real groover! with a warm breezy late 70s vibe -- warm, rich harmonies and a lightly skipping feel that's a bit bossa, a bit Italian soundtrack, and all groovy! "

That review is not complete. Where's the word "spare"?

I love the "a bit of bossa, a bit of jazz, a bit of death metal..." reviews

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• Once I bought a 45 from Jazzman which was pressed waay off centre, so Letta Mbulu was going 'Why do they foooOOOOOooooOOOOOooooOOOOOoooollow me around.......'.

that reminds me, my grandfather was a graphic artist back in the day. And one of his clients was a company called 'Nu-Hole' (or newhole). Anyway, they sold a kit that repaired off-center or wornout spindle holes on records. Granted, they were for shellac 78s, but a cool idea.

Speaking of Jazzman stories, Gerald is a good guy but I'm still a bit annoyed about something that happened a while back. I had purchased a Tee off the site and when it arrived, it was the wrong color and the size was huge. I wrote Gerald and he asked me why the color made a difference. Hmmmmm, let me think about it. You offer various colors because......... Anyways, that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. All that shipping for the wrong size/color product and no sympathy. Blah.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

hahaha!!!!

baroquly complex, yet funky,,,

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    had purchased a Tee off the site and when it arrived, it was the wrong color and the size was huge. I wrote Gerald and he asked me why the color made a difference.

Damn, do some people just not understand what customer service is all about?

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Was this a sealed reish/boot with the wrong LP in the sleeve? Super shady...

My last few shopping experiences with DGA have been disappointing; it seems that they have a new grader over thurr who thinks a used G+ record = VG+. Also, the quality of reissue/boot LPs I've purchased from them have been horrendous.

I now only buy CDs and official reissue LPs from DGA. It would be pretty difficult to screw those up.

On the plus side, they do honor returns.

SG

i got a copy of Clarence Wheeler 'doin' what we wanna" for $10....

good deal, huh?

Problem is when I got it "the love i've been looking for" was the record in the the sleve...

WTF?!?!

They offered to refund the $9.99 I spent on it, but not the shipping (even when I asked for it)...

That sucks, you'd think they'd at least send you the replacement for nothin'

I've had some great experiences on DG and some not so...

I just had to vent, I'm sure ya'll got stories...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

fuck dustygroove.

they should have refunded your shipping, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY FUCKED UP.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

fuck dustygroove.

they should have refunded your shipping, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY FUCKED UP.

GED EM!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i got a copy of Clarence Wheeler 'doin' what we wanna" for $10....

good deal, huh?

Problem is when I got it "the love i've been looking for" was the record in the the sleve...

WTF?!?!

They offered to refund the $9.99 I spent on it, but not the shipping (even when I asked for it)...

That sucks, you'd think they'd at least send you the replacement for nothin'

I've had some great experiences on DG and some not so...

I just had to vent, I'm sure ya'll got stories...

that's funny. the same thing happend to me with a RR Kirk record, but they refunded my money including shipping. but that was three years ago.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    but that was three years ago.

things done changed

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    but that was three years ago.

things done changed

yo, do you know if B-- (aka: Adverb) still works there? Used to know 'em, lost in touch when I moved a while back.

• the Clarence Wheeler was a OG... That is why I was so heated...
    I've been looking for that shit for years... Price was right... No damn record

FUUUUCCCKKKK...

Plus I got a Pucho "heat" about a year ago that was "VG-" that skipped in three places
    and looked like it had been used as a placemat

"would make a great play copy!" whatever the fuck that means...

Thanks for the moral support

• All I'll say is:

I have better luck with random ebay sellers than dustygroove.

• oh dude i dont want to say shit about another seller but the condition of used lp's on that site is total dogshit.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Never bought an album from them, there rep sucks. Just buy off of ebay. Only had a problem once out of like 200 times on ebay.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Never bought an album from them, there rep sucks. Just buy off of ebay. Only had a problem once out of like 200 times on ebay.
    200 times this month.

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    Sorry dude that sucks.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    i once bought a Stones throw 7" from the online store and when it arrived it had a nice scratch all the way through the b-side. totally unplayable and of course, there was nothing they could do about it. with all the other experiences i've heard it looks like i'll leave them alone unless i'm in the store.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    200 times this month.

Yeah, seriously. I'm not gonna on eBay, cause i have scored and scored and scored on there beyond belief - but I have problems with at least 1 out of every 10 buys, probably more, mostly shit like people sending records without inner sleeves, the record slicing through the jacket bottom when I open the package, shit mailed in flattened out priority boxes with bent as F covers, people who mail my shit 3 1/2 weeks after I pay with Paypal the same hour the auction ended...y'all know the drill...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    another reason to hate DG:

i heard today that they're getting into old house (chicago & elsewhere) charging ridiculous prices for beat to shit 12s on trax.

stick to what you know hommies, beat to shit joe pass lps on pablo and overpriced OG electric coffeys.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I have not bought from them for a couple years, but it used to be that a VG+ used lp from them was pretty much NM. Have they gotten worse, or was I just always lucky?