Gas Prices

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
$3.49 for Regular in Big D.

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    $3.51 here in B-More. And an all-day bus, light-rail, subway pass is about $4.00. Public trans never looked so damn tempting.

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    4.07 for regular is the cheapest in northern coastal California and that's at the reservation.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Bush's fault

• A gallon of gas in Holland is $9 as of today... quit ur whining ;-)

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    current range here on the East Coast of Canada is $1.28-$1.30 liter, not quite sure how that compares in the US, it hasnt really stopped us from driving at all though...we just filled our tank and it was about $55 to fill the VW...didnt seem that bad.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    Rad Chez said:
    A gallon of gas in Holland is $9 as of today... quit ur whining ;-)

+1

1.50 euro per LITER where I am....

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Rad Chez said:

Whoa. You dudes should get yourself an army and go invade a middle eastern country.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rad Chez said:

You can fit 20 Hollands in my home state alone.

Rockadelic said:
    Rad Chez said:

I think I many have a Holland in my inside coat pocket. Or was it some napkins form the pizza place? Hmmm. Now I'm curious. I'll check and report back.

Nope. Turns out it was the napkins.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Holland's coastline is apparently just 90 miles longer than Massachusetts'.

• Breez said:
    $3.51 here in B-More. And an all-day bus, light-rail, subway pass is about $4.00. Public trans never looked so damn tempting.

Same here in DC. $3.47 last time I checked, and that was last week. I've been frequenting Metrorail more than ever and have grown accustomed to avoiding the Green Line from 3:15 to 4:00 so that I won't have to deal with a bunch of rowdy-rousing high schoolers playing the music on their phones. Disrupting an already congested train car.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    3.80 in Long Beach (and that's for Arco)

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Rad Chez said:

You can fit the whole population of the world in Texas and have the population density of NYC.

Things are gonna get worse.

• Options
    DOR said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Rad Chez said:

You can fit the whole population of the world in Texas and have the population density of NYC.

Things are gonna get worse.

Soylent Green is people.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The plan down here is to kill and eat the Vegans first.

• leonleon 883 Posts

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    bigchalz said:
    4.07 for regular is the cheapest in northern coastal California and that's at the reservation.

Hmm. I'm getting mine in the 3.70-3.90 range. Apparently it's 3.66 at Costco. I haven't seen it over $4.00 for regular yet in my neck of the woods. That'll prob change very quickly, though.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    The average price in my home state of Arkansas is 3.45 and it goes up every four to six days. Look for steady increases toward the summer, some bs about adding an additive to keep it from evaporating.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    $3.89 in the East Bay. I'm so glad I don't have my old car which was Premium only.

• We're hovering around $3.50 here in NJ. It's been worse, but it's going to get much worse than that.

• $1.20 per litre here in toronto...... which is the equivalent of about $4.50/gallon.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Ehh, still kind of a blessing in disguise to me. Average prices of $4 per gallon seems to be the threshold that really starts to hurt and, unfortunately, that's the only time things start to change. That's why OPEC and the like have been loving it these past two years or so -- expensive oil but not enough to change people's driving habits, at least by much, at least here in the United States.

I filled up the tank on some $3.75 per last night, total bill something like $43. I try not to think about it and luckily I walk or take public trans everywhere when I'm not in leisure mode, driving 'round town smoking and listening to tunes.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    There will be a day when we (or our descendants) will be fu??king amazed that we burned petroleum. Anything in your house not made of wood, glass or metal was probably originally sucked up out of an oil well. It's like the stories of burning mummies to drive steam locomotives in Egypt.

Then again, plastics are probably a much more attractive target for biosynthetic methods. Your next tire might be made from bioisoprene pooped out of a bacteria.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    one of the few hopes for our future is for gas prices to spike through the roof
    3.79 in philly. twenty cent cheaper across the bridge in jerz. i had to go downtown in a suit this evening...i went by bike

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    ??1.50 / litre (yes, that's Sterlings) for diesel last night.

1 gal(US Liq) = 3.78541 litres

3.78541 * ??1.50 = ?? 5.678115 / gallon

= 9.191435 USD / gallon

In the cars we have, a gallon around town takes us about 25 miles.

You betcha when it gets above freezing in the morning I will be back on the pushbike to work. That's about 8 miles each way ~ 30 mins, where it's 20 mins in the car. The bus-stops aren't good and would take more than another hour out of my day and not be much cheaper, apart from the annual insurance and repairs I spend on the cars.

• whats to come:

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Americans whining about gas prices is fucking hilarious.

• nzshadow said:

Yeah, sorry bros, but I can't really empathise. I'd kill to a) make American wages (we earn on average 3-4x less here in Poland and pay way more taxes thah you guys do) and b) pay $4 a gallon (we're creeping up towards $7, though the weak dollar has made it more lie $6.50)

A lot of people work in areas not served by public transit, too. I have a bus every two hours to my work, and my commute here is about the same as it was when I lived in the US and crossed a state line to go to work.

• Options
    nzshadow said:

I agree. It's almost as hilarious as people complaining about message board posts on a board that has an ignore function.

Not quite, but close.

BTW I'm not sure if non-Americans are aware of it, but there's an exceptionally generous tax deduction available for US taxpayers who use their vehicles for business purposes. It's just another one of those quirks in the US tax code that tends to favor upper-income folks.

Most US taxpayers who complain about high tax rates are completely full of shit and this is just one more example.