Piranha the movie (the new one)

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Have any of you seen this amazing cinematic masterpiece? I am totally pissed I didn't see it in 3d in the theaters. The special features have some great comments too, including the entire cast talking about why 3d is so great. The director says something like "this is like the first 3d movie with boobs coming at you, coming out of the screen."

Anyways, this movie is amazing. Amazing!

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Excellent movie. Was almost ready to give up on it around the half way stage when it appeared to be all tease and no [flesh] tearing but when the massacre did finally arrive it went beyond my wildest hopes.

Spoiler

The Jerry O'Connell emasculation scene was one of my personal movie highlights of the year.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Is this the Kelly Brook starkers ting?

I'm in.

Torrent tonight.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Really?
    I had this one in my hands a couple of times over at the video store but always recondsidered... maybe I'll get it next weekend together with the I Spit On Yoru Grave remake as a neo grindhouse double feature.

Yeah only saw that they'd remade I Spit.... the other day. Of all the movies to remake they've got to be close to the bottom of the barrel now (though if they remake his second feature Don't Mess With My Sister I'll be first in line at the cinema).

Like I mentioned above, the first half of Piranha is extremely slow and feels like you're settling in for another half arsed tame monster movie but once it takes off it really does go for it in a limb flying, mass slaughter Grand Guignol way that achieved that forgotten trick of being so over the top you're laughing at the blood letting. Absolutely no relation to the original, or the sequel thankfully, though.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    TBH I will just be ffwd to Kelly Brook. Would I be vindicated in torrenting it or not?

There is ample Mrs Zane on show in this movie, elbows and all. The subtle work she performs in this film around both her own characters motivations and the minute observations of the life of a Girls Gone Wild performer on the edge of retirement were reminiscent of the great work of Davis in All About Eve, giving the film an emotional core that carries it through the highs and lows and cements her position as one of the most under appreciated talents currently operating in the world of acting.