I need an excuse asap who's got a good one?!

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
I totally effed up tonight and didn't show up to a pretty important dj gig!!! It was good pay that I totally missed out on and I spaced and never wrote it on my calendar when it was booked in December. So they want to know why I never showed up and why i didn't call to inform them. I need a really GREAT excuse here if I want to play there ever again, which I do. I'm kicking my own ass right now, so mad at myself.... I can't use the snow because it has all melted away already.

shit!

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Your son was sick and you were with him at the hospital

You had to go see Dapper Dan and get a new Gucci suit

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    using sickness/death of loved ones is sketchy.

• The last thing you probably want to hear right now: tell em the truth.

Beyond that, I always go with the most realistic yet untraceable excuse. I have a weird phobia of bosses calling doctors/family members/contacts to corroborate my story so I try to keep the two as far apart as possible.

Really though, give em the "I'm so sorry, completely spaced as I've been super busy with x, y, and z. I'll work for free next time" or something to that extent.

You got booked at a last minute pro wrestling match at Key Arena.

Coal miner's glove match in a cage fighting against a guy from Quebec that is a distant relative of the Hart family.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I roll with the Truth 100% of the time but I think if I do this time I won't be coming back for some reason. I'll probably still just tell them the truth. I'm mad at myself more than anything. I stayed home tonight and did nothing and could have picked up some easy $$$$

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    You put up a new 2011 calendar (from your moms, the one with the kitten pictures) after the Dec booking and copied the date down wrong from the old calendar... So easily done.

"I thought it was next [insert day here], mang! I better check the rest of the dates..."

Place one finger on the tip of your nose, and use the other hand to point in my direction.

Ok I've made my decision. I'm telling them the truth and in fact just did so. I'll know the outcome tomorrow afternoon after managers meetings about it.

I was wresting big chan in an indian strap match loser leaves town no time limit or disqualifications

• If they suspect you might be giving them some kind of excuse (even if they aren't sure one way or the other), it is still more harmful to your reputation, relatationship and future prospects with them.

Nobody likes to think they might be being fobbed off, lied to, or that someone else won't admit to a wrongdoing or mistake. Its like when large companies won't admit to their wrongdoings.. the whole world gets pissed off and revolts. Usually, if they are the first to admit that they made a mistake and would like to make ammends, it is a far better outcome.

The best way to deal with this is make no attempt to excuse yourself, be 100% honest and 100% remorseful. Let them know that you know you f'ed up, you feel kinda stupid and you're willing to prove that you're the guy for the job. It's far better in the long run dude.

• DeeRock said:
    Ok I've made my decision. I'm telling them the truth and in fact just did so. I'll know the outcome tomorrow afternoon after managers meetings about it.

^^ just read that. Nice one.

• Options
    Thank you for being honest.

• forget that truth shit!!! just say you were packed up and ready to drive over when your crazy wife ran out the house and attacked your ride with a golf club, making you crash, breaking windows and denting your head somewhat. i use this excuse at least once a week and im not even married

sike.truth is good

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The truth shall set you free. Way to take your lumps, young hawg.

• Tell the truth and offer to play the next gig for free or at a lower rate to make up for it.

Dress

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    Your son was sick and you were with him at the hospital

This is your best bet. People tend to not question anything when it comes to one's child. And they usually understand how your priorities can shift when your child is sick. But, if you're like me, I hate using my daughter as a bogus excuse because I always think I'm sending bad karma her way. Good Luck homie!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Fuck your children, where were U. I can replace you.

Fuck your pets and your parents.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    offer them a free gig
    simple

edit: oh nevermind. you did the right thing

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Hemroids

It's like the male equivilant of "that time of the month". People usually stop asking questions after the h-bomb gets dropped.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    lol

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    I was going to offer that you could say you were being questioned by department of homeland security at the airport. That would explain at least why you couldn't call. If you say your kid is sick, that's still not an excuse not to call them, just an excuse as to why you didn't show.

Hemroids

That won't work I've been dj'n with those for years.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    DeeRock said:

Best policy, and that.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    tell em you got locked up over night....

• It was a small group of terrorists on drugs, you are currently negotiating with them, everything should be cool by tomorrow and you are laughing at reports.

• "My planet needs me"

• DeeRock said:

so what happened?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Dude got a new job.
    Only 10 gigs, but in front of 670,000 people.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Dude got a new job.

Saw that too. So awesome.

• DB_Cooper said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Dude got a new job.

Saw that too. So awesome.

hey he'll get to see 2 (maybe 3) Niners W's live. That's kinda cool.