Funky Junction 8 Track Info

TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Anyone know anything about this album by Funky Junction?
I read about the Gladys Knight album and the Deep Purple album, but nothing comes up about "Doin' Their Thing".
Could this be the missing link in the Funky Junction discography? And what about "Just Rappin'" Parts 1 and 2?
I don't have an 8 Track player so I may never know what this album sounds like!!!!!

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Other than Funky Junction being the o.g. Thin Lizzy line-up augmented by a vocalist and keyboard player (which I assume you know), I've never heard of this particular record. It's highly likely that the band may have consisted of whichever musicians Leo Muller had access to at the time, but he used to recycle a lot of that Stereo Gold Award stuff, so who knows?

• The Gladys Knight LP is a bunch of straight covers + Talking Trash and Road's End which feature on other SGA LPs. I'm pretty sure Thin Lizzy just did that Deep Purple LP.

Would love to hear Doin' Their Thing if you can find a way. Never heard of it before and Google delivers nothing but this thread. It may just be tracks rehashed from other SGA LPs (there are a few familiar covers there) but if you can find a way...