Has your Mayor ever sanctioned your DJing?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Just found out that our Mayor's office has sanctioned and took over promoting our DJ night tonight. I have been working a bunch and didn't do flyers or any promotion and was just leaving it up to the club...Then I read since Forbes ranked Memphis as one of the most miserable cities to live in the US, the Mayor decided to use our party to start some sort of counter attack to Forbes...crazy. Mayor Wharton is now my new favorite Mayor.

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Hook-Up,

Is there a story/article related to your news that you can post? I'd be curious as to how your Mayor reached his decision. It's a good look!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I got word from the club owner that this happened and the ilovememphis blog reported it. I'll look for something in the commercial appeal.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    I got word from the club owner that this happened and the ilovememphis blog reported it. I'll look for something in the commercial appeal.

Cool, thanks man, and again, congratulations!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• The mayor of a city I lived in before supported my DJ/Production after-school class. I even have a letter of recommendation from his office for my work. Ancient history.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Great! Ask for a key to the city. The ladies love big novelty keys.

• The_Non said:
    The ladies love big novelty keys.
    :the_mack:

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Crank that sound system to eleven and when the cops show, call the mayor.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I guess Mr Crump Do Allow...

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I was once allowed to DJ at a retirement center as community service.

• it was a weird mix of folks, but the night went well...lots of dancing and a TON of drinking, folks were getting shit-faced...even more than usual. Fun night.

• OptimusLimeOptimusLime 227 Posts
    Actually, I played 2 weeks ago in a garden next to the mayors house and the next day he was interviewed on telly saying: "I stayed home, but there was a party next door. The music was really loud, but I enjoyed their selection"

That's about as close as an endorsement I can think of.

• In July 2009, I got Minneapolis' Mayor RT Rybak to come to the Purple Rain 25th anniversary party we did at First Avenue. He came on stage, gave an incredible speech about First Avenue and Prince, then handed the key to the city (which we made) to the folks from the club.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah, actually Philly's mayor Michael Nutter used to be a DJ back in the day.

There was a official proclamation for Philly DJs a few years ago ("Philly DJ Day") and I was included on the second year's joint. Here's a close-up of it.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    Yeah, actually Philly's mayor Michael Nutter used to be a DJ back in the day.

There was a official proclamation for Philly DJs a few years ago ("Philly DJ Day") and I was included on the second year's joint. Here's a close-up of it.

i gotta say, "brendan bring 'em" is a money dj name!