Lazy, played out articles...

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
... you can't believe are still being written (and published for that matter)

COMIC BOOKS: NOT JUST FOR KIDS ANYMORE!

VINYL RECORDS: BACK FROM THE DEAD?

STREET ARTIST SO-AND-SO EXHIBITS IN A REAL MUSEUM, APPROPRIATE OR APPROPRIATED?

How many freelancers are still living in 1998 ? Quite a few, apparently.

Comments

• button said:

http://wax.fm/vinyl_is_back_articles/

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    button said:

I'd be more inclined to blame the commissioning editors, personally. Moreover, given the parlous state of print media right now, I bet there's probably more than a few freelancers who wish they were still living in 1998.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    button said:

I'd be more inclined to blame the commissioning editors, personally. Moreover, given the parlous state of print media right now, I bet there's probably more than a few freelancers who wish they were still living in 1998.

Truuuuuuuth

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    hey look there goes my local paper

Wax Trax Records, 2909 S. Decatur Blvd., specializes mostly in vintage albums and collectibles, although owner Rich Rosen says he began offering new vinyl several years ago. He, too, has noticed an uptick in new vinyl sales during the past few years.

Rosen says some vinyl buyers own the original versions of the albums they buy and, after years of wear, wish to replace them. For those customers, a reissue LP usually is less expensive than buying an original copy of it.

For example, a collector looking for a James Brown album could expect to pay $75 to $100 for a copy of the original, Rosen says, while a reissue will cost about $15.

Other vinyl buyers are younger listeners who wish to hear classic bands the way they were originally heard.

"Say a kid wants a Ramones album," Rosen says. "A Ramones album can go from $20 to $60, depending on what it is, and most of those are available as reissues for $15 or so."

hahaha

- spidey

• Horseleech said:
    button said:

http://wax.fm/vinyl_is_back_articles/

The more articles written about "vinyl revival" the better no matter how played out. I have my business tied up in it.

• I always appreciate articles about hip hop in which the most informative revelation comes during a sentence which includes the phrase "the rapper, whose real name is...."

It's even better when they try to make fun of the convention of using stage names altogether, or include some kind of slang glossary to help "regular" people understand this strange new subculture.

Has anyone added anything of substance to this article template since 1981?

-----
    Out now on pH Music/Pro Se Recordings:
    Alternate Reality (Cadence of Raw Produce and Dumi RIGHT of Zimbabwe Legit)
    Legitimate Raw EP
    Also feat. beats and rhymes by YZ, Prince Po (Organized Konfusion), Chubb Rock, Vast Aire, C Rayz Walz, Breez Evahflowin', Saint (Good People) and Lord Lamont
    Limited edition hand-numbered vinyl EP
    http://phmusic.bandcamp.com/

• Options
    Yo, Richy and, his partner, Georgie are nice guys. Just talk with them a little, let them know you don't want no flimsy soul.

And Vegas gets enough international tourists that the store has got to be strapped.

• Cadence said:
    I always appreciate articles about hip hop in which the most informative revelation comes during a sentence which includes the phrase "the rapper, whose real name is...."

It's even better when pubs like the Wall Street Journal have to adhere to their style guide and refer to someone as Mr. G Rap