Trouble ID'ing a song

n8starrn8starr 9 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
Been searching forever for this one, heard it on an old 9th wonder video of him flippin through records looking for a good track to use for a sample, was able to save the audio before they took it down from youtube. I cut out the portion where the song appears (it comes in at 0:27) and left the other tracks around it to hopefully give some sort of context as to who it might be (all the quick snippets at the beginning are from the same LP)

Hope someone knows what this is

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    You should really post an embeded clip of it so people can just listen to it here in the post instead of having to download it.

• Big_Chan said:
    You should really post an embeded clip of it so people can just listen to it here in the post instead of having to download it.

Thanks for the tip, fixed

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    No idea what it is, but I really like it!

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    djwaxon said:
    No idea what it is, but I it's HOT

• djwaxon said:
    No idea what it is, but I really like it!

Yeah, couldn't stop playing it when I found it. Read about an application called SoundHound for the iPhone, I don't have one but maybe that could identify this? I have heard it can tell you the artist and title for just about anything

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    GREAT FIRST POST. WELCOME!
    I'm sure you'll be a great contributor to the site.
    ANY FACEBOOK AND/OR OFFICE PET PEEVES?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Shazam came up dry. It sounds familiar, though - from the b.v's, I'd say it's probably a male vocal group, circa '84/85 by the sound of it. Maybe something from one of the Manhattans' 80s albums?

• DocMcCoy said:
    Shazam came up dry. It sounds familiar, though - from the b.v's, I'd say it's probably a male vocal group, circa '84/85 by the sound of it. Maybe something from one of the Manhattans' 80s albums?

I went thru their 80s albums and I didn't find it, also went through a couple late 70s ones too just to be sure. But I found some other hot jams so I guess that's a plus.

@jaymack Not sure what you're talking about...

• Anyone else have any ideas?

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    where is the song ?

• damms said:
    where is the song ?

Fixed

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    n8starr said:
    damms said:
    where is the song ?

Fixed
    oh yeah I remember that video

it doesn't ring a bell right about now....but it shouldn't be too obscure

• damms said:
    n8starr said:
    damms said:
    where is the song ?

Fixed
    oh yeah I remember that video

it doesn't ring a bell right about now....but it shouldn't be too obscure

Exactly what I was thinking, the only exception I can think of was those Dynamic Five songs he worked with