DJs are the biggest sh*t talkers.

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
discuss.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    discuss.

Examples first?

DJs are the humblest MFers I know in the hip-hop game. For real.

• discuss.

Examples first?

I agree, but I don't think humility and shit talking are mutually exclusive. I've just noticed lately that a lot of dj cats I know talk trash - usually about other djs, and usually about other djs that are on the same level as them (i.e. their 'competition')

I had a BBQ recently, and all the DJs minus 2 were saying things about each other to me. So it was kinda interesting to hear everyone's opinion of everyone else - "get on, that dude is killing the vibe" "yo, I don't like that MFer" "that guy was talking sh*t to my girl" blah blah blah. I hear it alot from dudes at my work who work in the record section as well.

Maybe 'opinionated' is a more PC term?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I've just noticed lately that a lot of dj cats I know talk trash - usually about other djs, and usually about other djs that are on the same level as them (i.e. their 'competition')

Yeah thats kinda true. Just some good ole amerikkkan competition among artist.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I've just noticed lately that a lot of dj cats I know talk trash - usually about other djs, and usually about other djs that are on the same level as them (i.e. their 'competition')

Yeah thats kinda true. Just some good ole amerikkkan competition among artists.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    discuss.

Examples first?

I agree, but I don't think humility and shit talking are mutually exclusive. I've just noticed lately that a lot of dj cats I know talk trash - usually about other djs, and usually about other djs that are on the same level as them (i.e. their 'competition')

I had a BBQ recently, and all the DJs minus 2 were saying things about each other to me. So it was kinda interesting to hear everyone's opinion of everyone else - "get on, that dude is killing the vibe" "yo, I don't like that MFer" "that guy was talking sh*t to my girl" blah blah blah. I hear it alot from dudes at my work who work in the record section as well.

Maybe 'opinionated' is a more PC term?
    you mean like when i fucked up a mix and you stoped what you were doing to point it out to everyone that was there. "Serato dont make you a better dj, tom!"

at least you said it to my face. that day was really tense.
    [color:white] little dudes need to chill. [/color]

• you mean like when i fucked up a mix and you stoped what you were doing to point it out to everyone that was there. "Serato dont make you a better dj, tom!"

at least you said it to my face. that day was really tense.
    little dudes need to chill. [/b]

exactly. I wasn't excluding myself from this. Nice subliminals...

• DJs might be shit talkers...but a lot of DJs are the corniest fuckers I have met yet.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    You gotta realize that being a dj most of them have huge ego's including myself! I realize that at the end of the day no matter how you look at it we are "Just playing records". That is the reality of it. I don't talk shit but I do speak the truth and many mistake that for talking shit. I just don't understand why most people can't agree to disagree and take things as shit talking etc. A lot of djs do "kill the vibe" but a lot of them "Rip it" as well. I don't talk shit about other djs, we all start somewhere. In fact it's a good thing they are even interested as it keeps the culture alive.

• I don't talk shit but I do speak the truth and many mistake that for talking shit. I just don't understand why most people can't agree to disagree and take things as shit talking etc.

Grown man talk

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    I don't talk shit but I do speak the truth and many mistake that for talking shit. I just don't understand why most people can't agree to disagree and take things as shit talking etc.

Grown man talk

The truth according to whom?

When it comes to music, generally speaking, it's usually affirmation by general consensus, not necessarily the platonic Truth we like to think we're complimenting.

Grown man talk.

Yes, djs are shit talkers, walking around thinking music is proprietary, acting like they came out the pipe armed with a commensurate knowledge of cryptic musical genres. God forbid they actually try to preserve artists, producers and music by heirlooming that shit to the next person-that would be antithetical to the ethos of DJCODE 2.2021.

• i know some real nice ones and some real a-holes. the real nice ones are still around. peace, stein. . .

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I will just say I'm still around and yet I hear that I'm an asshole! Lol. However, on the contrary anyone that knows me says different? I don't know what it is? On the truth according to who part it's like if I'm deejaying and I have literally every person on the dance floor going buck wild and the next guy gets on and throws on a joint and clears the floor then isn't the truth according to the crowd?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I will just say I'm still around and yet I hear that I'm an asshole! Lol. However, on the contrary anyone that knows me says different? I don't know what it is? On the truth according to who part it's like if I'm deejaying and I have literally every person on the dance floor going buck wild and the next guy gets on and throws on a joint and clears the floor then isn't the truth according to the crowd?

Ehhh, I'm sure the people that say your an asshole were 30 mintues late to the record store and you beat them to the rare joint. Then they were 2 hours late to the club and you got the girls. Then they brought a bunch of John Denver to hip hop night and got pissed when everyone said "get off the stage and bring on Supreme!" Haters!

Everyone talks a little shit, but it's how much and how bad, and most impoartantly do you really believe your shit!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

you mean like when i fucked up a mix and you stoped what you were doing to point it out to everyone that was there. "Serato dont make you a better dj, tom!"

Damn, did he really do that? That's kinda fucked up.

• I agree, but I don't think insecurity and shit talking are mutually exclusive.

I had a famous DJ take a shit on my toilet and leave a brown stain on the seat. Not cool.

Scuze me, I thought this was about DJs being the biggest shit takers. Sorry! Yea, they do talk a lot of shit don't they?