El Mac Shows Us How It's Done in Singapore!

innercitymusicinnercitymusic 53 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
Dude is real nice with the Graff, these pieces is super tight to me!

El Mac Singapore from Viet Nam The World Tour on Vimeo.

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,461 Posts
    Mac and Retna are totally on some next level for sure..

^^ the textural shading and gradients in this are insane, i would love to see this same type of application used in some letter styles and see what can be done, there are are a few writers that i would actually pay money to watch them paint just to understand their process, i would pay to see Mac&Retna; paint for sure!

• these are sick.

• DAAAAAM! thats pretty sick. Thats what I noticed when I saw the vid, the half tones and layers to his technic of spray painting those dope murals!!!

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    DOPE!

shizzzzz! sumthin i missed big time was at the start of the video hes got a bunch of cans in a bucket full of ice water? now anyone into painting knows what cooling cans does, back in the mid 90's we used to mix our own custom Krylon colors (1/2 clover green&1/2 daisy yellow = a perfectly matched jungle green) but in order to make that you needed to freeze one of the cans to screw with the pressure...so it would accept the other paint color

still after watching this video 3 times i couldnt really see any technique that spoke to his style, but i am guessing that screwing with the pressure has sumthin to do with the way he applies the paint and the way it applies as well....

• It does look like he's mixing colours on the spot. Around 12 secs in there's a close up of him holding a can upside down...

^^ yeah yer totally right! my guess would be some custom "Clear & Paint" mix for some transparency action thus giving him greater control over his gradients, although it would be insanely tough to do, as mixing the same color twice is damn near impossible, but this is what he does on the daily so um sure hes got it locked down.

its nice to see writers still messing with custom colors, it was the mid 2000's when people in my neck of the woods stopped messing with em, once the Montana and Belton started flowing around these parts.

• i remember the mac would always have those grey cp grainers on lock.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Mac's technique is some serious shit, but I highly reccomend catching one of these pieces in person. The size of the pieces that he's able to do now is incredible.

I'm sure glad he's evolved from pieces of Kate moss, Aaliyah, and Josie maran.

Much respect.

- spidey