This is why....(a message from Europe)

MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central

Quite recently I heard some rather disturbing news. Apparantly as of December 2010, US government has ordered postal companies that are shipping parcels to US soil to ship by boat only. Meaning it will most likely take an extra 2 till 3 weeks to arrive. (Normally this takes around 8 to 10 working days)
It is prohibited to ship parcels by air due to the threat of terrorism. As was told to me by the a lady at the TNT post helpdesk.

We are really stressed out with this whole situation as we have a lot of clients State side and most of them have contacted me already with this problem. There are still a great number of parcels unaccounted for, slowly but surely the packages start to arrive but nobody is taking responsibility, neither TNT or USPS or even governements.

On top of all this TNT (Dutch Postoffice service) has raised the prices on shipping for 1 LP from 10,45 euro ($15) to 17,10 euro ($25)... this also causes a lot of questions with our American eBay customers.

Comments

• Yayyyy!! My 45s are taking a cruise!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This appears to be true. My co-workers are Dutch and their Christmas presents just arrived.

Looks like Al Kaida will be DHLing bombs for now on.

:crazy:

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Oh and your postal service is called TNT.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Send limes with your raers so the deckhands don't get skurvy.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I've heard about this but it just doesn't make sense to me. While I've been waiting on two packages from France for over 5 weeks, I've ordered and received packages from Belgium and Korea within a week. Mad suspect.