Nile Rodgers... Not Good News :(

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,904 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
http://nilerodgers.com/blog/walking-on-planet-c

"On October 27, 2010, I found out I had aggressive cancer...."

A great, and I hope he pulls through. Truly saddening.

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,461 Posts
    damn...

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    damn...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Apparently, he's had emergency surgery and is up and about already. If you're on Facebook, you can follow him here. At the moment, he's documenting the early morning walks he's taking around NYC as part of his therapy.

One of a handful of musicians about whom I can truly say, "he changed my life". I hope he makes a full recovery.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,904 Posts
    Yeah, just read a heap of his facebook posts. I've had a few friends encounter "Life on Planet C" and they've all beaten it - Seems he's doing OK after surgery, obviously I hope he has a lot more music in him.

Chic pressed some button for me; the chords, the strings and of course the bass, and pretty much were the doorway into everything I listen to now.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I was speaking with him last night and he's really bummed about how rough it is but he is so incredibly optimistic about the future. I let him know just how much universal love and support this is out there for him. He is truly one of a kind, the embodiment of "living legend" and all. Really grateful that he is here with us, and has given the world so much love through his work.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I was speaking with him last night and he's really bummed about how rough it is but he is so incredibly optimistic about the future. I let him know just how much universal love and support this is out there for him. He is truly one of a kind, the embodiment of "living legend" and all. Really grateful that he is here with us, and has given the world so much love through his work.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I think dude should get the same Cult status as George Clinton, Barry White and Maurice White.........or any Funk/Disco/R&B game changers. Not James Brown though.

I think the Disco Era he came out in keeps him outside the usual Canons that dudes jerk off to despite the fact that Music Heads give him props.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    batmon said:
    I think dude should get the same Cult status as George Clinton, Barry White and Maurice White.........or any Funk/Disco/R&B game changers. Not James Brown though.

I think the Disco Era he came out in keeps him outside the usual Canons that dudes jerk off to despite the fact that Music Heads give him props.

I totally agree. Dude gets slept on. People forget or just don't know.