Comments

• that's none of your business.

• I did pottery for about 2 years. One year I was just doing hand-made stuff, but I much preferred the wheel. But all the kneading and making sure there was no air in the clay and then centering the clay on the wheel. Fun times they were.

• Options
    I think some those planters and hand-shaped dishes are positively good looking.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I also took ceramics for 2 years. I never got a hang of the wheel, unfortunately. Most of the stuff I made was ugly.

• Options
    It is ok, Almond.
    Do you believe you will try again?

• Options
    And everything has a place, so don't worry, somebody besides you might think your ceramics are lovely.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I got a few joints

• The best piece I ever made was handmade. I made a replica church and cut it open so that the roof was the top. I used it to store my loose change.

• in 9th grade i made a whistle in the shape of a turtle. the holes were on the turtle's belly.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    img src="" alt="" />

Here's some stuff I made when I was in 9th and 10th grade that I had around the house. My favorite pieces are these decorative plates that my parents probably have somewhere in storage. Bawls, I probably will not try again unless a pottery studio opens up in my neighborhood.

• willie_fugal said:
    in 9th grade i made a whistle in the shape of a turtle. the holes were on the turtle's belly.

LEMME GET THAT 'TOOT TOOT!'

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I have never done the "Ghost" scene, but would love to someday.

However I have been eyeing these for a while from Heath Ceramics
    http://www.heathceramics.com/go/heath/

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Will post photos of my collection in a couple days. My sister is a ceramicist and so I've got a proxy into da game.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I need to cop a Ceramic Tagine.

The one I own is from Williams & Sonoma and made of "metal".

It aint the same. Cooking in earthenware is a different type of heat.

I went to school at Alfred U, whose Ceramic game was bananas.
    Wood Kilns, big tittied Hippies chicks, w/ birkenstocks and shit.

• bawls = lil monstu?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    batmon said:
    I need to cop a Ceramic Tagine.

for real or a large ass terracotta pot
    preserved lemon cumin almond chicken only cooks in clay son

also lilmontsu has a lot of bawls to return to this forum