adventures in butcher cover dealing.....

chrischris 287 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
WOW
man, i don't think I've ever seen the record game played so badly

Comments

• chrischris 287 Posts
    "don't forget the Moody Blues is a promo and that should be more valuable than the Beatles record"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    man, i don't think I've ever seen the record game played so badly

Every single one of that guy's answers is a gem of misinformation... hard for me to believe it's for real:

Thank you for the link, this is great!!! While I know that that the Beatles record is rare I have to believe part of the $1000 current bid is part of the Moody Blues PROMO record. It has a sticker on the front that says "Not for Sale" I just hope that some Moody Blues fan who wants that record doesn't get to bid because the Beatles record blocked them. Thank for your link, Jose Ebay ID bequietwyatt

"ebay bottleneck":

Thanks for the photos, don't let anyone trick you, this is the real deal. I owned one back in the mid 1980's until I sold it because I needed the money. Things are better for me and I want this LP back!!!! If you accept Paypal I can put this on my credit card and pay you $2500 right away and another $1500 on 9/3/05. I am affraid alot of people are watching this and will not bid until the last minute. When alot of people bid all at once, ebay bottlenecks and the Ebay server could freeze and you will get stuck with a small bid which you have to honor. Don't take the risk, you won't get an offer better than mine. Lets deal??? Lester

Don't knock the hustle

• chrischris 287 Posts
    Q: KEEP the AUCTION GOING! I have well over $100,000 to invest in Beatles Records this summer - no problem here to pay you in full if I win!

I would be happy to meet you in a shopping mall here in Tampa if that is okay.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I bet it's a third state. Sorry no returns.

Dan

The soggy toilet paper test:

if you have other capitol records you can stand them up on the spine all togeather,if the beatles album is a little smaller in height and if you wet a tissue paper with water and place it on the front cover,let dry and blow on it.if it dosent blow off you have a third state cover.if the paper comes off easy and its the same height of the other capitol albums you could have a first state.

Don't knock the hustle!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Both the bidder and sellers accounts were closed. I wonder what happened with this.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I just want to say one thing Butcher Covers aint is rare. Expensive Yes, Rare No!

Here are the 33 Butcher Covers that have finished on ebay in the last few weeks.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I just want to say one thing Butcher Covers aint is rare. Expensive Yes, Rare No!

Here are the 33 Butcher Covers that have finished on ebay in the last few weeks.

These collectors are fucking hilarious. Originally, Capitol pressed millions of these greatest hits albums. Even with the thousands upon thousands of records they pasted/destroyed, there are easily tens of thousands available.

I wonder what happened to the auction, too.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I will not take Paypal. I cannot meet you in person.

This auction is as is. If you have any concerns or doubts

Hello, I have thought it over and I don't think I could offer a return

man, i don't think I've ever seen the record game played so well

somebody found a way to make a quick couple g's

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I'm not peeing my pants, you guys on ebay have made me feel very comfortable

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Did anyone notice that the winner and the seller are now no longer registered users?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I sold one of these on eBay for the store I used to work for - second state (iirc - the "trunks" photo intact over the butched cover)
    and we got all kinds of nutty e-mails...I just remember feeling like such a tool taking close-up digital camera shots like the one below:

"Detail of Ringo's vest showing through"[/b]

Sold for $800 and the owner was pacing back & forth and getting all dramatic for the last 15 minutes, even though it never went up over the final 12 hours or so.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    ugh, Beatles freaks are the worst, give me the heebee geebee's.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    ugh, Beatles freaks are the worst, give me the helter skelter's

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    ugh, Beatles freaks are the worst, give me them helter skelter's

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts

ugh, Beatles freaks are the worst, give me them helter skelter's

IIIIIIIIII GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGAS!

• "A note of caution. Do not meet anyone at a mall, carrying your valuable albums with you. Anything could happen"

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    what kind of loser sends an email to a guy selling on ebay like... you're doing great pal, I'm not interetsed in bidding, but its great to see a new user doing so well on Ebay. Go for it Jose! You can do it pal!!

what kind of loser sends an email to a guy selling on ebay like... you're doing great pal, I'm not interetsed in bidding, but its great to see a new user doing so well on Ebay. Go for it Jose! You can do it pal!!

Yeah, followed by "would you like to exchange fresh, out of the bag, manties?"

Maybe the buyer and seller was one and the same. I think it's funny that the seller kept on saying that people should buy the lot because of the Moody Blues album. At the most, a white label promo of that album, in mono, would be $100+ depending on condition, but it's been issued and reissued so many times.

• hi,i see you get a lot of emails on the beatles butcher cover.this may be a first state.if you have other capitol records you can stand them up on the spine all togeather,if the beatles album is a little smaller in height and if you wet a tissue paper with water and place it on the front cover,let dry and blow on it.if it dosent blow off you have a third state cover.if the paper comes off easy and its the same height of the other capitol albums you could have a first state.a third state can bring in around $1000.00 a first state i seen in person sell for anywhere between $5000.00-$12000.00 if you can email mail me more pictures of the front and back cover maybe i can tell more.it wouldnt be fair to sell a first state at a low price.iam sure people who are bidding aint going to tell you much about this album,they just want to get it as cheap as they can.i have been collecting beatles since 1964. thanks for your time and good luck chuck
    Jul-20-05
    A: Hi, I don't want to get water on the cover if it is rare, I'd be afraid I would be ruining it. Maybe there is another way to clean it, Thanks, Jose

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.