NASH THE SLASH - decomposing [canadian raer?]

vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central

"Decomposing
(1981)

This is the first album playable at any speed. Being all-instrumental music, there are no voices to affect the realism of the orchestrations. Thus the album becomes a collection of electronic concertos, each movement being defined by the speed of the turntable. A turntable with speeds of 33, 45 and 78 rpm, creates a different ratio within the pieces, yet maintains a familiar melodic drama."

has anyone, anywhere seen this while out in the field? it was made in toronto, where i live, and i've never seen a copy.

needless to say, i'm highly interested in what this sounds like.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Seems like a record qs you should take to the 'derm.

• i was offered this record here in vancouver a few weeks ago for ten bucks and i passed.

• Options
    vintageinfants said:

"Decomposing
    (1981)

This is the first album playable at any speed. Being all-instrumental music, there are no voices to affect the realism of the orchestrations. Thus the album becomes a collection of electronic concertos, each movement being defined by the speed of the turntable. A turntable with speeds of 33, 45 and 78 rpm, creates a different ratio within the pieces, yet maintains a familiar melodic drama."

has anyone, anywhere seen this while out in the field? it was made in toronto, where i live, and i've never seen a copy.

needless to say, i'm highly interested in what this sounds like.

I heard it some when it came out, so yeah, I've seen it. I vaguely remember it sounding like something the early Human League would do, but again it's a long time.

Ever hear the Human League's Dignity of Labour 12"? It's not bad stuff.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I've had it. Found a copy in Sacramento (K street). I probably sold it. I remember there being some guitar shredding on it.

It's been a while, though...