Tea Party goes to Washington

PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
Very interesting. You could tell yesterday that some of the freshman were already a little shook by the pomp and ceremony, and possibly by the civility of the whole thing. I think they were more impressed than they thought they would be. That's the first step to getting co-opted!

Then the tea party followers are also getting introduced to Washington, or more like they are actually paying attention for once, and sheet, it's complicated! So for their benefit (because the chamber is quite empty) the Tea Party elected officials are reading the whole darned US Constitution out for the dimwits at home to sit and watch and maybe cry a bit.

Which leads me to: John Boehner! LOL, he is going to implode in the most spectacular fashion. He's pre-crying about the future scandals he will be linked to.

Someone got arrested... a BIRTHER!
When Frank Rep. Pallone (D-N.J.) read the part of Article II, Section 1 mandating that only a "natural-born citizen" may be president, the woman, seated in the front row of the public gallery, screamed "Except Obama, except Obama. Help us Jesus."

Yesterday Fox News was spinning the anti-Obama/economy vote of November as some sort of outrage about the National Debt, which nobody with an underwater mortgage or 99+ weeks on unemployment gives 2 shits about. Today it's about wasteful govt spending.

I think the blizzard in the northeast gave us a good taste of what our smaller government future will look like. You suburban types better get self-reliant or perhaps consider hibernation as a legitimate way to get through winters with sky high fuel costs and no essential services guaranteed. On the plus side, oil will get expensive enough that it will be worth re-opening micro fields/wells around the country. If you live near a lake, you might be in luck.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    I think the blizzard in the northeast gave us a good taste of what our smaller government future will look like. .

Are you referring to the actions of the union workers who purposefully had a "work slowdown" during the blizzard as a protest?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Even former Reaganauts are like "man, these tea partiers are fuckin' nuts!"

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    SportCasual said:
    I think the blizzard in the northeast gave us a good taste of what our smaller government future will look like. .

Are you referring to the actions of the union workers who purposefully had a "work slowdown" during the blizzard as a protest?

YES!

SportCasual said:
    Rockadelic said:
    SportCasual said:

YES!

LOL

• Options
    Teabaggers = demented morons.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Where is the assassination conspiracy thread????

• Rockadelic said:
    SportCasual said:

Wow...all the way down in Texas and still reading the NY Post.

funky16corners said:
    Rockadelic said:
    SportCasual said:

That story was covered by every media outlet nationally.....should I assume the NY Post comment means it wasn't true??

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    funky16corners said:
    Rockadelic said:
    SportCasual said:

That story was covered by every media outlet nationally.....should I assume the NY Post comment means it wasn't true??

Of course, just like the Rangel tax BS and the Espada embezzlement charges aren't 'true' because they were uncovered by the Post.

• Rockadelic said:
    funky16corners said:
    Rockadelic said:
    SportCasual said:

If by "covered" you mean ricocheted in the media echo chamber after speculation by a conservative paper, yes it means it's suspect, especially since our local mayor tried to float the same rumor to explain why people were trapped in their houses for three days.
    If the Republicans can't be honest about the effects of their dipshit "austerity measures" their in for a shock on election day.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    It's probably more based on the fact that the Post's story was based on an unsubstantiated report from Councilman Dan Halloran, who claimed to have gotten the information from unidentified sanitation and transit workers. Unless I'm mistaken, there has been no corroboration for Halloran's claim. Interesting that the workers chose to go through him instead of straight to the paper.

It's not that the Post's story is automatically untrue, it's that the Post published an unverified news item and presented it as if it were fact, something they've done before (like many others in the 'news' business). The fact that other news sources have jumped on it doesn't give it any more veracity, especially when none of them has uncovered any new info. I could just as easily claim that I learned from an unidentified official that the work was deliberately slowed by the mayor's office to save money on cleanup labor. You couldn't disprove it, because my source will never be revealed, and you don't have access to any information that countered my claim.

Point is, we can't say that it's true or untrue with the limited info that's been presented to us.

• Options
    funky16corners said:
    If by "covered" you mean ricocheted in the media echo chamber after speculation by a conservative paper, yes it means it's suspect, especially since our local mayor tried to float the same rumor to explain why people were trapped in their houses for three days.
    If the Republicans can't be honest about the effects of their dipshit "austerity measures" their in for a shock on election day.

The next time I meet an honest Republican I'll be shocked, because it's been a long fucking time since I have.

As for the douchebags and their "austerity measures," this is rich:

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/arizona-death-panels-rack-their-secon

• BobDesperado said:
    next time I meet an honest Republican I'll be shocked, because it's been a long fucking time since I have.

bobdesperado/larrymoeandjeezus is living proof that narrow-minded, self-righteous bile knows no party affiliation.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    BobDesperado said:
    next time I meet an honest Republican I'll be shocked, because it's been a long fucking time since I have.

bobdesperado/larrymoeandjeezus is living proof that narrow-minded, self-righteous bile knowns no party affiliation.

• Options
    crabmongerfunk said:
    BobDesperado said:

bobdesperado/larrymoeandjeezus is living proof that narrow-minded, self-righteous bile knows no party affiliation.

Oh, look, a pot is calling my kettle black.

b/w

I must have hurt its fee-fees.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    First I heard of this.
    I never would know what the right wing media is doing if not for this site.

Some people actually believe that city workers were having a SECRET work slow down as a protest?