RIP Larry Hancock of S.O.U.L

tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
Strut,

I don't post here very often, but I felt that this was a necessary RIP to mention. Larry Hancock, lead vocalist for S.O.U.L. on their 2nd Lp and member of the group until now, has died this past Monday. I received the news today from Gus Hawkins, leader of the band and sax and flute player for them. It's him you hear on "Burning Spear". These cats are my friends, and it hurt something terrible to have to deal with Larry dying. For all the times we have all enjoyed the fantastic music these dudes laid down, and for all the gigs where "Burning Spear" made people dance, I would like to give thanks for the life of Larry Hancock.

To close, I played "To Mend A Broken Heart" and "My Cherie Amour" real loud in the car today. Play them if you got them to hear the beautiful Soul of my friend Larry.

Comments

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    deleted

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    modified

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    RIP Cleveland music legends........wonder if M@z* knows about this? probably does.....

• r.i.p.
    S.O.U.L has brightened my days and heated up my nights many times. their sound is definitely among the best.
    tell your friends they are considered legends and will be long after any of us are around