Dissed by Lyn Christopher!

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
:hayek: moment for real.

After coming across the Tyrone and Carr version of "Take Me With You," I put up a post about it, trying to unravel which version was recorded first (it was Tyrone and Carr's but only barely). http://soul-sides.com/2009/09/which-came-first-take-me-with-you/

As it turns out, a couple of years later and Lyn Christopher herself came across the post and...caught some feelings about it:
Hi, whoever you are. I am Lyn Christopher and I can see you did your research. However NOTHING out there is like the original recording done by ME. Yes you did your research by linking to my website, it's time to acknowledge ME LYN for the great recordings I did, and quit analyzing what you don't know....

:oh_snap:

I'm not even clear what she's pissed off about; I even describe her version as the "definitive one".

Maybe I should write her back and say, "prove you're who you say you are. Post pictures or your soft!"

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    write her back, do it !

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    This could be a prank. I find it hard to believe that a has-been former star with an artificially-prolonged shelf-life would be so self-absorbed in 2011.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    mylatency said:
    write her back, do it NOW!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Women need a bit more information.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    luck said:
    This could be a prank. I find it hard to believe that a has-been former star with an artificially-prolonged shelf-life would be so self-absorbed in 2011.

I don't think she was ever a star in the first place, even though somebody obviously tried to make her one.

Without the Kiss connection, she may as well be just another Paramount Records tax writeoff.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    bizarre that she would get so salty without trying to back up her claim.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I think that reply was from her looking at her website she may think that she was never given the credit she thinks she deserves ..... you never know what someones thinking is ...I can see someone telling her how she put on Kiss and look how big they got etc etc....reply back to her.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    holmes said:
    bizarre that she would get so salty without trying to back up her claim.

I don't even know what her claim is. I think Lyn feels like my post wasn't giving her recording enough due but the post wasn't really about her record; it was about the Tyrone and Carr single, of which far far far less was ever researched/written about.

But whatever - artists catching feelings over some shit they read = same as it ever was.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    no disrespect to Ms Christopher, but that could pretty much be ANY generic female vocalist on 'Take Me WIth You'

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    batmon said:
    Women need a bit more information.

Well played.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    bring her here.
    tell her we got them butt naked pics.

• It's probably her. I've seen her in the youtube comment sections of take me with you asking for people to send her clips of songs that have sampled her (presumably so she can sue them).

edit. . i just read your sites post and her comment. It really does come off as a mean and bitter comment.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    diva!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    mannybolone said:

Hi, whoever you are. I am Lyn Christopher and I can see you did your research. However NOTHING out there is like the original recording done by ME. Yes you did your research by linking to my website, it's time to acknowledge ME LYN for the great recordings I did, and quit analyzing what you don't know....

Who talks like this? lmho
    The caps are so over the top. Embarrassing.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Write her back and ask if SOULMAN had sex with her

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    DeeRock said:
    Write her back and ask if SOULMAN had sex with her

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak