Belgian 5" Experience

DaptunesDaptunes 55 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
Oi!

anybody got a 5" (possibly flexidisc) by a belgian band called Experience? The record is a huuuge mystery to me and 2011 is the year to solve it :-)!

I remember seeing it on this forum for a charity auction with soundclips.

thanks for anything that will help unravel this!

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I think I got outbid on it here, if that helps.

Just Google 'experience' ;-)

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Paging skeletor

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    When I get the chance I'll lace Daptunes dude with some scans and a full rip.

Tune is by turns fantastic and pants, dependent on my mood.
    It never falls between those two stools.

• skel said:
    When I get the chance I'll lace Daptunes dude with some scans and a full rip.
    ETERNAL LOVE if you do that Skel!
    I'm at g e r d @ u r g e n t . f m
    Was you the one that outbid Horseleech then...?

• THANK YOU SKEL!!!!
    Now let's hunt this 5' beast down! :-)
    I'll let you know if I'd find the musicians behind this...

Daptunes said:
    THANK YOU SKEL!!!!
    Now let's hunt this 5' beast down! :-)
    I'll let you know if I'd find the musicians behind this...

I already know.
    It's Tintin on guitar, bass and keys, Cap'n Haddock on drums and Hercule Poirot on sound effects.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Awesome to hear this again - THANKS!

Horseleech said:
    Awesome to hear this again - THANKS!

Seriously. "Blue Movement" is melting off my face right now. The violin (especially the plucking) is great.

Word up, Skel.

• hey,
    not sure if you already know, but maybe i can provide some infos that are helping on your hunt for that record.

as far as i know, the record was apparently released as a free giveaway to promote some groceries by the publishing company "publiart", which is the same company that??s responsible for the "tintin comics" you can still find them on the same adress in bruxelles like years ago. the adress is "Paul-Henri Spaak 7" the founder of this company was called Raymond Leblanc who passed away in march 2008 with the age of 92.

the producer of this record might be "pierre meyer" a musician who was a violin player and mainly responsible for classical music. but i??m not 100% sure.

maybe that helps.

cheers??

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    sellout1 said:

as far as i know, the record was apparently released as a free giveaway to promote some groceries by the publishing company "publiart", which is the same company that??s responsible for the "tintin comics"
    the company responsible for kuifje/tintin was/is
    Le Petit Vingti??me/Casterman

• fejmelba said:
    sellout1 said:

as far as i know, the record was apparently released as a free giveaway to promote some groceries by the publishing company "publiart", which is the same company that??s responsible for the "tintin comics"
    the company responsible for kuifje/tintin was/is
    Le Petit Vingti??me/Casterman

mhhhhh, now i??m confused

In 1945, Raymond Leblanc tried, with A. Sinave, A. Debaty and G. Lallemand, to persuade Herg?? to create a periodical for young people, called "Tintin" magazine. Herg?? agreed to it. Created in 1929 and already popularized by twelve albums published through Les ??ditions du Petit-Vingti??me and then Casterman, the "little reporter" so became the headliner of a 12-page weekly comic strip magazine.

Herg??, artistic director, rounded out the team at "Tintin" magazine with three friends: Edgar P. Jacobs, Jacques Laudy and Paul Cuvelier. The four talented writers demonstrated tremendous energy.

As Herg?? meticulously carried on the adventures of Tintin and Milou in "Le Temple du Soleil," Edgar Pierre Jacobs innovated with "Le Secret de l'Espadon", introducing Blake and Mortimer, a future star of the comic strip. With the makings of a great cartoonist, the young P. Cuvelier created "L'extraordinaire Odyss??e de Corentin Feldo??." Little known to the mainstream public, J. Laudy illustrated with poetry and romanticism, "La L??gende des quatre Fils Aymon."Raymond Leblanc created the advertising agency "Publiart," which he entrusted to the direction of Guy Dessicy. For the first time in Belgium, an advertising company used comic strip characters. The agency had major clients, such as C??te d'Or and Coca-Cola. This agency later created the famous character of Walibi The Kangaroo, a popular Belgian amusement park.

On September 13, 1958, thanks to the tremendous success of "Tintin" magazine and "Tintin Stamps," Editions du Lombard, Publiart and Belvision, who employed some 100 people at the time, left Lombard Street for a new building designed by Raymond Leblanc on avenue P.-H. Spaak, near Gare du Midi. Paul-Henri Spaak, himself, officially inaugurated "his" Avenue and "Tintin Building."

• Yeah "Pierre Meyer" also found him to be the "musical consultant" on this record and yes he might have been the violin player on this record but if this tune was done in Belgium then there's not th??t many that could have done it...
    To me it sounds a lot like an outtake of the Free Pop Electronic Concept (aka Jess & James), but then the violin....
    aaah man gotta know...
    On a depressing note: I just spoke with Jean Duchesne (the labelowner of Duchesne records - who did the Open Sky Unit Lp) and he didn't know (next to) to nothing about Open Sky Unit, why he did the record, stories...so even if I find the right people they might not even have a clue they even did it.
    Well see - very glad to hear it again, that's for sure. It's as good as I remembered it!

Is there anything else on the Open Sky Unit LP apart from Sunshine Star?

I bought and sold it for about a tenth of the current French Attack price some years ago after committing the track to cd and regretted it a little recently.

• skel said:
    Is there anything else on the Open Sky Unit LP apart from Sunshine Star?

Bloody hell Yes! It's just a fantastic listen all the way through...
    How about this? J Rocc used this as opener for his set a couple of years ago when he was here...

:holygrail:

• Thought this was going to be about something COMPLETELY different

I'm so glad this went to the guy who dug it so much...

A**m, why did you change board name?

skel said:
    I'm so glad this went to the guy who dug it so much...

A**m, why did you change board name?

On a whim, was time for a change. Thanks again, dude!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    who's instagram feed did this come up on te other day, sure it was a strutter!