!!!HAPPY NEW YEAR SOUL STRUT!!!

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
2010 was a hard year for me, Strutters. I am glad to see its lame ass on the way out.
I am hoping for a far better 2011.

I hope you all have an amazing evening - full of fun, love and laughter.

I still don't know what I'm doing, but no matter, this is what I'm getting ready to.
Each day might be your last!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    bassie said:
    2010 was a hard-ass year for me, Strutters. I am glad to see its lame ass on the way out.
    I am hoping for a far better 2011.

Same here. Happiness for 2011, Bassie and Soulstruttuers.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    2010 wasn't great for me either. It began with me spending my birthday in a snowbound airport instead of the 'Dam, and that kind of set the pattern. Work was thin on the ground, money was tighter than I can ever remember, I lost friends, friends lost parents, and the new government made it abundantly clear that hard times were only going to get harder.

Despite all that, there was still plenty to be grateful for. For instance, last October was the end of my first year as a non-smoker. Not only that, but me and my girl reached our tenth anniversary as a couple, and it looks like we're finally going to tie the knot next year. And then there's this...

Already 2011 is looking better, and with that in mind, I hope the new year brings all of you a surplus of joy, luck, love and happiness.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Very tough year for us, more of the same for 2011 but kids always cheer me up! 4 beers in and it's looking better already

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Happy NY to all you British, Irish, Euroman, American and worldwide poasters.

May your soccerball teams have much glory in 2011.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Bassie (and everyone),

2010 was a tough year since it was the first full year spent without my dear father. Plus, mom has had some serious issues adjusting to his loss, and it remains a tenuous work in progress. Furthermore, she lives an hour away from my brother who has been saddled with helping handle her responsibilities, given her relative dependence on my dad to handle household affairs while he was alive. He suffers a major illness that is exacerbated by stress, so I'm worried about both of them. In spite of it all, I have a wonderful wife, pooch, career, and social life, so I feel truly blessed. I'm thankful to see another year and I pray that all of you have a peaceful and prosperous New Year in 2011. Rock on, Soulstrut!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Here's to 2011 - Be safe and have a good one, y'all

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    2010 was rough on many levels (I was furloughed at my job for 3/4 of the year!), and despite having to hustle my ass off to keep afloat (thanks to Spelunk and Kidinquisitive for the help), it was also the best year of my life in a number of ways. One of my dreams for the past 3 years finally came true this summer and was more amazing than I could ever have hoped for, and I'm eternally grateful for that opportunity coming to fruition.

I can already sense that 2011 will be a year of change for me, so I'm motivated to make sure whatever that change might be is for the best.

Here's to a great 2011, and may all Strutteurs' dreams come true through hard work and perseverance!

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

^^There's 11 of those!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah, 2010 was great, but also it was very tough on me and almost everyone that is close to me. Nothing particular, but it just was. Kind of hard to say why. I think I'm just getting more sensitive as I get older.

But I'm thankful for my life, my family and my friends - of which I count my Strutter Massive to be among.

I want to wish everyone on here a happy and healthy one for 2011! You guys are the best...

Happy New Year. I'm ready for the future!

• for real...transition year this one was. and that always causes soul searching. lot of things changed and shifted around my family and friends, work and future plans.

the one constant is soulstrut!!! haha.
    for real tho big hugs to all my peoples on here who i really know and hugs to all those i'll meet eventually

2011 with strength and resolve, good people

• Cosmo said:

I want to wish everyone on here a happy and healthy one for 2011! You guys are the best...

Happy New Year. I'm ready for the future!

• happy new year Soulstrut. had a great year learning tons about music and other cultural ephemera from y'all. hope everyone has a healthy and happy 2011 and to those for whom 2010 was rough--raising my glass that your troubles get left behind.

:beerbang:

• 2010 was one low level shitstorm after another (coupla big ones too) but happy to be closing it out with my wife and sons. Peace to all and a wish for a great new year.

• YESS!!!! HAPPY NEW YEARS TO YOU ALL!!!!

2010 was one of the best and worst years for me. Simultaneously. Serious head fuck but the positive is my life preserver, literally and figuratively. I'm ready for more good to come this year with good, hard work. I'm going to do my best to make it happen and stopp trippin on the small stuff.

Good luck to all of you!!!!!

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Happy New Year to you all. This is a great place with lots of great people on it. I don't think I've met any of you in the real, but I know you're good people who love good music. All the best to you for a great 2011. Take care and be safe tonight.

Kindly,
    parallax

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    May God hurt you all

p.-s. hurt means bless(er) in french. ;-P

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    happy new year everyone, heres a little something i put together yesterday, a first for me also messing with youtube..

• bassie said:
    2010 was a hard-ass year for me

Here's to better days.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

Its funny how many people have found 2010 to be a year of hard lessons and transition.

It was a hard-ass year for me, and most people I know too.

To realness, respect and peace.