Tutorial for the KAOSS PAD II

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
So I just copped the KP2... so anyone that has one and can let me in on some of the tricks of this machine hit me up..I got to play with it for a minute last night; but if some one can lace me with the basic shit that they use all the time while mixing, I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i think it's called the manual

• i think it's called the manual

come on dude...

sorry man

i just notice there's an aful lot of

Help me with this

help me with that

how do i do this

is this good

please tell me how to do something

posts on the strut ALL THE FREAKING time

just cause you can post a question and get an answer in ten minutes doesnt mean it's better than spending the ten minutes trying to answer the question yourself.

incidently i have an orignal kaos

you select your effect with the knob, adjust the wet /dry ratio wit the other and then you press on the screen in different places to make differant noises.

mine didnt even have a manual. there's no secret knowledge only the real heads have man. just turn it on and fuck around with it till you find some things that sound cool.. make a mental note of what you did and move along.

by the time you're done fooling around with it you'll realise you probably only use like 3 effects on the whole thing.

i hope the kaoss 2 is better but the 1 is pretty arse.. albiet mine is the built into a mixer type. i use the long dub delay, and 2 of the filters

that's about it, the sampler sucks and the modulation sounds are just silly. the reverbs are retarded as they don't trail, and the rest of the delays suck because they don't trail once you take your finger off the screen.

• edubedub 715 Posts

my weed stash ran dry

there's like 100 guzzo related posts

im grouchy

• wow ok thanks Dubious.. I'll be sure to check myself next time I post an equipment question. if you read my post it states clearly that I just got the pad last night. I am eager to spend a few minutes with the manual while I'm taking a shit but for the most part I would just like to get started fucking around with it...

was what I was going to say.. but I see that you already admit your a little touchy today.. drink some tea its good for the soul

anyway to all those out there who are FEELING GOOD BECAUSE ITS FRIDAY!!!

I just wanted to see if anyone had any tips on what effect they like using.. there like 100.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    I hear ya, but in the words of Dizzy Bull:

IT"S FRIDAY!!

( I just wanted to show off my newest greamlin)

drinking some tea is the best advice i've had all day.

im gonna bust that shit right now.

apologies for spazin

• edubedub 715 Posts
    yeah, I'm drinking tea also... I'm on that powdered Japanese Green Tea... and green tea flavored preserved plums... (good source of fiber).

Green tea is what's up!

the pots on boil

and green tea is mos def what's up.

• ALL GOOD.... TEAs on