Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dude, why you even posting this? Have you ever looked at the COFCC's site? They're white supremacists, simple and plain. "Nuts" is way too kind a way to characterize

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    They're white supremacists, simple and plain.

Yesterday, Haley Barbour would've disagreed with you. Today, he agrees with you.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    so, why are you reading bullshit racist websites like that in the first place?

b/w

I love how Idris Elba is described as a "hip hop DJ" ... which he technically is, I suppose, but the idea is to pretend that he is not actually an actor (despite being an award-winning, hard-working and respected actor, especially in his native UK) and also to paint him with the "he's so BLACK" boogeyman paintbrush of the dreaded "HIP HOP" ... SMH and SMH again.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    stop treading on them, bro.

• you found some crazy and/or dumb shit on the internet?
    Congratulations.

• DJ_Enki said:
    mannybolone said:

Yesterday, Haley Barbour would've disagreed with you. Today, he agrees with you.

You want to make sure to strangle any potential candidacy while it's still in the cradle.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    More like potential candidates self-ethering themselves.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    mannybolone said:

You want to make sure to strangle any potential candidacy while it's still in the cradle.

Fatso got the garrote. Now he can attend the South Carolina Secessionist ball with a clear conscience.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    DrWu said:
    sabadabada said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    mannybolone said:

Fatso got the garrote. Now he can attend the South Carolina Secessionist ball with a clear conscience.

here's another cute one from 82 when Barbour was running against John Stennis for Senate. Source is an article in The New York Times.

"This being Mississippi, race is a factor in the campaign, but mainly because neither candidate has offered much to black voters. The Republicans have tried to remind them that in 1964 Mr. Stennis sponsored legislation to export Mississippi blacks to states that wanted to practice integration.

But the racial sensitivity at Barbour headquarters was suggested by an exchange between the candidate and an aide who complained that there would be ''coons'' at a campaign stop at the state fair. Embarrassed that a reporter heard this, Mr. Barbour warned that if the aide persisted in racist remarks, he would be reincarnated as a watermelon and placed at the mercy of blacks. "

• mannybolone said:
    self-ethering themselves.

post modern.

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:
    so, why are you reading bullshit racist websites like that in the first place?

I found a commentary about it on this site: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/

Specifically here: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/12/the_war_onasgard.php

Then I hit a link.

Obviously I'm not a supporter of racist freaks, but I'm also not afraid of coming across material I don't agree with.

As for why I posted it here, as Manny asked, why not? It seemed interesting, I'm looking forward to the Thor movie, and it fits in here as well as recent posts about Seattle superheroes or internet neutrality do.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Im not reading that stuff above, but Thor during WW2 was enlisted by Hitler/Nazi to fight Captain America and The Invaders.

:real_headz:

Odinism.

Edris playin Heimdall is suspect...IMO, but i understand the Hollywood spin.

• But the invaders didn't come about until almost the 70s. And thor in the 60s. Fictional Hitler was Maggotfood by then.vintage Retcon.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    I refuse to boycott anything with Kat Dennings in it on GP.

speakmumbles said:
    But the invaders didn't come about until almost the 70s. And thor in the 60s. Fictional Hitler was Maggotfood by then.vintage Retcon.

uhhh.......Marvel bulit themselves on Fictional/Retcon stories.

Linking Thor to Odinism isnt a far stretch.

DC w/ The All-Star Squadron wrote stories w/ the Spear of Destiny and The Ubermensch.

Hellboy.

• i was speaking of the timely/atlas issues that had cap fighting hitler published during WW2. dc blah.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Im going to see this when it comes out - but black norse gods are a ridiculous sentiment, if theyre really in there. The Vikings had no idea about blacknuss and viking hip hop sucks balls.

staxwax said:
    Im going to see this when it comes out - but black norse gods are a ridiculous sentiment, if theyre really in there. The Vikings had no idea about blacknuss and viking hip hop sucks balls.

No doubt, but Marvel Norse Mythology can be tweaked. They arent trying to stick to the "Proper" Myth.

Theyve already made a Black Nick Fury which is bullshit.

Heimdall is such a minor "god" in the Marvel Norse Pantheon, that I cant get that mad about it.

• Ultimate fury shots on double eyed ww2-70s super spy-anti aging fury all day.

• That should read. Shits on. Oh and sam jackson fury>david hasselhoff fury too

• That should read. Shits on. Oh and sam jackson fury>david hasselhoff fury too

speakmumbles said:
    Ultimate fury shots on double eyed ww2-70s super spy-anti aging fury all day.

bullshit

steranko fury shits on the entire ultimate universe