Yo Kon or Amir, Shuggie Otis "Special" Unreleased

facesdfacesd 236 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
Not sure why this didn't get more run when it debuted on the Gilles Peterson show a few weeks back...but do you have any more info on the Shuggie Otis track "Special" that apparently came from an unreleased second LP. Can you share this with the world? Is there a full second LP? Really enjoying the track....such great music. Would love to post it up here but don't want to step on anyone's toes. If it's cool with you (or Kon) I will post it up here for the rest of the strut to enjoy. Thanks for all the work.

Comments

• sounds interesting but as far as i know shuggie has at least 3 records under his own name, inspiration info being the last..

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    sounds interesting but as far as i know shuggie has at least 3 records under his own name, inspiration info being the last..

You are absolutely correct...I meant to say "the follow up LP to Inspiration"....I was aware of 'Freedom' and 'Here Comes'

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Shuggie's got some unreleased stuff that's bananas. I worked with a gentleman who was mixing some of it for Shuggie a few years back and he was kind enough to play some of it for me. Needless to say -- it was facemelting. One track in particular I recall having a bit of a Tom Browne "Charisma" vibe, but I could be remembering incorrectly.