To each his own but....wtf was up with that Kid Kudi performance on le Coco show?

JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central

Does this performance sound like shit to anyone else or am I officially one step closer to "get off my lawn" status?

Comments

• It's been taken down, but I saw the show last night and kind of liked the performance. It wasn't the greatest SOUNDING performance, but I didn't avert my eyes in disgust. What really concerned me was the jittering going on afterwards while Conan was wrapping up the show. I was hoping that a bandmate said something funny to him, but that little jitter had me concerned.

• Wow that sounded horrible. Vocals were way too high in the mix and way to much reverb on him. Also the bass wasnt present and the gtrs were lost too. Sounds like they just take a 2 track off the board which would explain why the vox is so much louder then everything else. Shitty song to begin with but whoever is mixing it, post or FOH, has been dropping the ball. The first week the drum kit sounded like shit with the snare getting completely lost in the mix. I think the bands get a quick line check or a real fast soundcheck during dress rehearehal. The house band sounds good, but you know they worked all that shit out in rehearsals and soundchecks everyday and have a scene saved on whatever digital console they have there.

Oh and another thing that has been driving me nuts is the c414 that is painted red on his desk. I cant take my eyes off of it the whole show.