What's Good?

The food in your hood is bananas.

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Drag - that's not a lot to choose from.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    "If he can make it thair, he can make it anywhair"

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    What we really wanna know is does his new hood provide the Pantene and VO5 that his lustrous mane necessitates?

• everyone knows he has a girlfriend, but he goes out with alberto.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Yes, what are the NYC weather conditions on said locks of golden hair? Will it dew?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    everyone knows he has a girlfriend, but he goes out with alberto.

• someone get this guy off the netflix for an update.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Whattup folls! Doin alright. Moved into a fourth floor walk-up in Astoria, working at The New York Botanical Garden.

Astoria is the jam. People are really considerate, the neighborhood feels like a neighborhood, the food is killing it, and everything I could possibly need is within a few blocks of my apartment. We even have a local weed dealer who's super friendly and hangs out in the bar across the street. It's that sort of place. Spot on the corner makes the best spanakopita I've ever had. Holler at your boy at 37th ad Ditmars!

The apartment is in a pre-war building, which means more space, high ceilings, four electrical outlets in the entire place, and radiators that sound like a passing freight train. Going to have to fix those, but it's pretty far down on a long list of improvements to the place the lady has had me working like a chain gang boss. Her couch was standing on its end in our hall for a month because it wouldn't fit around a corner into our living room. I had to cut that shit in half with a coping saw and put it back together with heavy duty mending plates. I've been to the local hardware store so often that the dude just gives me a few screws for free if I just need a couple for the latest project.

Work is pretty nice, and since I live in Queens and work in the Bronx, I never really have to fuck with Manhattan unless I want to. The commute is pretty long though???an hour and half if things are slow on the N, Q, or 4. Bedford Park Boulevard is my scenic home away from home five days a week. Word to the bootleg DVD dude. I'm doing crazy marketing stuff. If you hear Sigourney Weaver talking up the NYBG in some radio commercials in a few months, you'll know where she got the words. :beerbang:

I've been meaning to get up with y'all New York dudes, but things have been crazy hectic. I've only managed to kick it a couple of times with the dudest Garcia Vega, but things are quieting down, so I'm getting to the point where I can grab some beers and swing by the shop from time to time and whatnot. WOOT!

As for the hair, I was talking the other weekend about how I needed a cut, and my lady came back from the store a little bit later talmbout "you have a 2:30 appointment at the salon on the corner." It was either that or the barber shop a couple of storefronts down that prides itself as "The Home of The Fade," so rather than risk it son, I took the appointment. She trimmed a couple of things and went into a whole spiel about how she loosened up the weight on such and such part of my head and did some this and that or some such, and I left feeling like I still needed a haircut. But apparently my shit is now salon styled, so I got that going for me. Which is nice.

HOLLEUR!!1!

• vintageinfants said:
    someone get this guy off the netflix for an update.

• DB_Cooper said:
    Holler at your boy at 37th ad Ditmars!

Whoa, small world. I'm on Crescent and Ditmars, right across from Fatty's / Crescent & Vine. Welcome to the hood dude!

residentgiant said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Holler at your boy at 37th ad Ditmars!

Whoa, small world. I'm on Crescent and Ditmars, right across from Fatty's / Crescent & Vine. Welcome to the hood dude!

How is Fatty's? Been past it a couple of times and been curious. Also looking forward to checking out the trattoria on 31st and Ditmars. I'm right across the street from Alba's.

• DB_Cooper said:

I've been to the local hardware store so often that the dude just gives me a few screws for free

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    LOL
    The description of moving to NYC is more familiar than I would care to admit.

Hey DB, Marc G, you down with Titan Foods? This is our one-stop feta, olives, spano and cherry juice shop.

• DB_Cooper said:
    We even have a local weed dealer who's super friendly and hangs out in the bar across the street at 37th and Ditmars!

I bet he loves your chill discretion smooth technique style

Deegreez said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    We even have a local weed dealer who's super friendly and hangs out in the bar across the street at 37th and Ditmars!

I bet he loves your chill discretion smooth technique style

I've never met a less discreet weed dealer. He hangs out in the bar and loudly discusses his trade. To be fair, though, I've never seen a cop in there either except for the other day when some kid threw a rock through the front window.

S****???I've never been to Titan, but it looks pretty excellent. Might have to put together a lamb kebab salad this weekend.