Adisa Slays the Source

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Even if you don't really give a fuck about the Source drama or not - you HAVE to listen to Adisa's podcasts about how the Source is trying to jerk him. Dude is like the Kayslay of hip-hop podcasters. Pure fucking comedy (in a good way).http://lyricalswords.blogspot.com/

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Even if you don't really give a fuck about the Source drama or not - you HAVE to listen to Adisa's podcasts about how the Source is trying to jerk him. Dude is like the Kayslay of hip-hop podcasters. Pure fucking comedy (in a good way).

http://lyricalswords.blogspot.com/

It's certainly interesting... but, yo, how did that dude ever get paid work as a writer? He is so bad...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    It always amazes me how many people who get paid to write really can't do it well. At least he stepped up and said he ain't sharp with his words.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    how did that dude ever get paid work as a writer? He is so bad...

Yo, maybe you've just been reading the wrong "joints."

I've got a twenty that says that this dude has used the phrase "my mind spray." Recently.

how did that dude ever get paid work as a writer? He is so bad...

Yo, maybe you've just been reading the wrong "joints."

I've got a twenty that says that this dude has used the phrase "my mind spray." Recently.

Okay, I'm feeling really bad for the way I'm snickering right now, because the dude does always come across as sincere and well-meaning.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    does The Source still have that Van with the speakers and them stuck up, haughty ass kids rollin around city to city like back in the early-mid 90's?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i feel this perspective

I rarely yell out of anger and more from a position of passion.....

• Amazing. I don't know where to begin.

He was cool until he found out that Fahiym ("from Mosque 54!") overheard his conversation?

I love his military metaphors, too.

On a side note: Is the Bishop of Hip-Hop in line for a shot at the recently-vacated papalcy?

I love his military metaphors, too.

He studies military strategy A LOT.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Dude is like the Kayslay of hip-hop podcasters.

Qu?? ? Another reason to stop reading any hiphopblog methinks. This really didn't have me clicking towards his website. Snowstorm of blogs really made me not bother anymore about Jeff Chang, Davey D, J-Smooth etc. Shame.

egotripland.com relaunch please.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    Even if you don't really give a fuck about the Source drama or not - you HAVE to listen to Adisa's podcasts about how the Source is trying to jerk him. Dude is like the Kayslay of hip-hop podcasters. Pure fucking comedy (in a good way).

I don't know what you were listening to, but I wouldn't exactly say he "slayed" anyone. I would say it's more like he's whining like a bitch. I mean what is that, 30 minutes of audio? And he's such a shit journalist that he has to record his statement because he can't write it in a concise fashion? Dude is stuttering and whatnot. The standards for one to call themself a hip-hop "journalist" seem really lax to my. I mean dude....chill.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    He was cool until he found out that Fahiym ("from Mosque 54!") overheard his conversation?

"I don't care about no mystery god."

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

"I don't care about no mystery god."

That's today's mathematics.

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts

I don't know what you were listening to, but I wouldn't exactly say he "slayed" anyone. I would say it's more like he's whining like a bitch. I mean what is that, 30 minutes of audio? And he's such a shit journalist that he has to record his statement because he can't write it in a concise fashion? Dude is stuttering and whatnot. The standards for one to call themself a hip-hop "journalist" seem really lax to my. I mean dude....chill.

You know as a journo, I could appreciate where he was coming from as a free lancer. I've had fucked up experiences with editors who want stuff from you and don't send contracts. I was highly entertained by the whole thing actually. And the writing on the blog is real informal, but that's a blog style. I'm glad dub posted the whole thing. He seems like a cool guy, except then I was reading down lower and he shouts out Professor Griff, who is hip hop's most notorious Jew hater.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

You know as a journo, I could appreciate where he was coming from as a free lancer. I've had fucked up experiences with editors who want stuff from you and don't send contracts. I was highly entertained by the whole thing actually. And the writing on the blog is real informal, but that's a blog style. I'm glad dub posted the whole thing. He seems like a cool guy, except then I was reading down lower and he shouts out Professor Griff, who is hip hop's most notorious Jew hater.

I feel you on the freelance part, I mean my parents are journalists, and their freelance years definitely prepared me for the horrors of being self-employed. I'm objecting to the fact that anyone who has so much trouble putting their thoughts together in writing might be in the wrong line of work. Also, dude should have seen the set-up on this from a mile away. He NEVER writes for the Source and then all of a sudden they want him to write an article on one of their (self-perceived) arch-nemesis. I'm saying, it doesn't take a rocket scientist...

And the writing on the blog is real informal, but that's a blog style.

No--the medium is no excuse for bad writing. There are plenty of very well-written blogs out there. Get your mind correct, poptart.