Seeking info on best/biggest international record shows.

JamdownJamdown 2 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I travel a lot and would like to better schedule my trips around significant record shows, when possible. I am familiar with the major US record shows as well as the Utrecht show. I am interested, then, in the biggest show of the year (if there is one) for each of the following countries:

England, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Italy, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia, and Brazil--along with any shows of note from countries not already mentioned in Asia and Europe.

Any help, even if for only one of these countries, would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Comments

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    No...No record shows here in Hong Kong.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Jamdown said:
    I travel a lot and would like to better schedule my trips around significant record shows, when possible. I am familiar with the major US record shows as well as the Utrecht show. I am interested, then, in the biggest show of the year (if there is one) for each of the following countries:

England, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Italy, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia, and Brazil--along with any shows of note from countries not already mentioned in Asia and Europe.

Any help, even if for only one of these countries, would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Is this for a website or something? Dates for record shows change in most countries you mentioned... you'd have to look closer for information around the time of your proposed trips.

Speaking on behalf of Australia and Japan specifically.

peace.

• djsheep said:

Is this for a website or something? Dates for record shows change in most countries you mentioned... you'd have to look closer for information around the time of your proposed trips.

Speaking on behalf of Australia and Japan specifically.

peace.

I am gathering this information so that I can plan my trips around these shows, when my schedule allows. I understand that show dates vary year to year, but I am seeking information regarding what the most significant show of the year (like ARC or WMFU, depending on which your prefer, here in the US) is for each of these countries, if one exists at all. I can then better plan my trips for the year around these shows, whenever they may be. Thanks

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    there's really no fixed record show in germany. it depends on what you are looking for and if you expect many sellers or just lots of expensive rare records. ask a proper question and you'll get a proper answer, chumpster!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    Arc was last weekend son.

• I made a website that lists all record fairs in Australia www.australianrecordfair.com so you can see whats happening I would come to oz just for the record fairs though.There is far more interesting shit to do here