Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited February 4 in Strut Central

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Summer tires and too much selfconfidence, word. Stay safe, Cold is about to come here as well soon...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Big_Chan said:

Holy shit... This is FUNNY!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• hoooooool' up. thats an suv. which means it should have 4x4.

no comment.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    IT IS COMINGGGGGGG

• Whoa...flashbacks!!! This same thing happened to DV One and I the first or second time I went to visit him. It happened almost exactly like this except it was on a 2 lane overpass above some industrial area which made it pretty scary. We spun around in slow motion and bounced back and forth a couple times between the barriers. Fortunately the cars coming towards us were far enough that they could slow down so we wouldn't hit them. We got our bearings, laughed hysterically and were able to get home with only a few dings on his car.

• I don't know what you're talking about.

;-)

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    being a NY'er has its advantages. such as being able to drive in weather like this without a problem. worst that's ever happened to me is getting actually stuck in the snow.

i know people from LA who can't even drive in the rain.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I lived in Seattle in like '84 when it snowed 2 feet.
    My friend got her skis and we all went over to Denny and about Bellevue and watched people sledding down Denny and a few idiots in cars trying to drive.

When I moved to Syracuse people didn't understand. Only once in the 3 winters I spent in Syracuse did I have to drive on a road that was icy. Every other day the salt trucks the plows were out ahead of the storm. Cities like Seattle and Portland don't salt and don't know how to plow. NEeners know no more about driving on snow than NWeners.

In Portland now there is some light wet snow that is not sticking. The west hills might have some sticking. Above 1,000 feet I imagine they are getting many inches.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    less than an hour ago, denny overpass (northbound I-5, the big ass interstate highway that goes from Vancouver to Tijuana, is still at a standstill):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

to be fair to seattleites, we have more elevation change in our downtown than whole entire states. All it takes is two inches of snow and our steep ass hills become impassable.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    sticky_dojah said:
    Summer tires and too much selfconfidence, word. Stay safe, Cold is about to come here as well soon...
    snow before the end of the week that is.
    beremutsen klaar!

• Big_Chan said:

That first dude is an IDIOT. It was funny, up until you hear him gun it a few times and takes out more cars.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    less than an hour ago, denny overpass (northbound I-5, the big ass interstate highway that goes from Vancouver to Tijuana, is still at a standstill):

Which would make it a typical weekday driving on I5 in downtown Seattle.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    wow, simpletons abound

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    This is from earlier tonight......

I've seen that video before. I think it's a couple of years old.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I wish I could find a video clip of Homer trying to park the car at Mt. Useful.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    dukeofdelridge said:

Which would make it a typical weekday driving on I5 in downtown Seattle.

LOLtroo

ncept that was midnight! midnight!

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Just touched down in the area fresh off a plane from Florida, glad I bought my Northface. Posted up here in Issaquah feeling it!

• just woke up here in vancouver and we got some serious snow. this city is going to be so fucked up today.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Got caught in that awful traffic jam on Monday night. Shit was not funny. Jacknifed trucks everywhere on I-5. A couple of my frinds took 6 hrs to get home from work. We never did make it to Wallingford.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Capital Hill on monday night, check out the bus!!!

Seattle has the worst drivers ever and the most horrible road maintenance response I have ever seen. 9.5 hours from portland to seattle, 4 snow plows, ZERO salt trucks. whack!