Selling off all your mega raers

Manduro3000Manduro3000 265 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I've noticed lately that many known big time diggers are starting to sell off all there mega raers (usually on Ehay). Is this a new trend due to the economy? Or are people now just getting tired of holding on to records they can quickly sell for $$$$? Is it no longer cool to hold on to your Manzel, Roy Porter, or John Danser records?

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    who are these "known big time diggers?"

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Manduro3000 said:
    Is it no longer cool to hold on to your Manzel, Roy Porter, or John Danser records?
    It's been not cool to hold on to those records for a while, but now it's really not cool.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Phill's been selling off his records for a few years now ... ?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Ok all you "Big Time" diggers. Send me your set sales list of Mega Raers to my inbox. Thx.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I smell a non-trend unless one can produce examples of "name diggers" who didn't sell on the Bay before but now are. As folks noted, Phill has been selling for years; nothing new there.

That said, there does seem to be enough of a spike in prices that if you had been gripping with the intention to eventually flip, now would be a good time to finally let go.

• SoulOnIce said:

Actually Phil was one of those collectors selling off his ultra raers. There are a few others doing the same. The OG Manzel Midnight Theme 45 was one of his prize records and he just sold it. I don't think he will ever catch another mint copy for $5.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    yes it's true. i been selling off all my records

Manduro3000 said:
    SoulOnIce said:

Actually Phil was one of those collectors selling off his ultra raers. There are a few others doing the same. The OG Manzel Midnight Theme 45 was one of his prize records and he just sold it. I don't think he will ever catch another mint copy for $5.

You doubt the Soulman?

BLASPHEMY!!!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    What's not cool any more are the wall of raers. I never got into it. Seams kind of Comic Book Collector to me.

RAJ said:
    What's not cool any more are the wall of raers. I never got into it. Seams kind of Comic Book Collector to me.

Dude, do you not read your own site?!

• RAJ said:

Funny thing is I've never really had any interest in taking pics of wall raers... though I never get tired of looking at other people's raer wall pics. Call me crazy but I'm more into that then looking at pics of sneaker collections.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Manduro3000 said:

........I never get tired of looking at other people's raer wall pics....... I'm more into that then looking at pics of sneaker collections.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    We need more record pron.

Web 2.0 killed a lot of the comic collector, RealFunkyBlackManSoul archivist vibes. Now we know all that shit can be grabbed cheaply off a blog or Youtube and palmed off as expert input, not so many people bother. Boo.

• I'll be putting up a grip of $100+ soul 45s this week on the bay...holler if you wanna try and scoop before they go up...

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    SportCasual said:

Starting now:

• musica said:
    SportCasual said:

Starting now:

Now all you have to do is put this LP up on a wall, surround it with 8 other similar records then I'll be interested. ;)

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Manduro3000 said:

Now all you have to do is put this LP up on a wall, surround it with 8 other similar records then I'll be interested. ;)

That would do injustice to the above record. It stands alone at great heights, quietly shitting on private funk terds throughout the land.

• Really? I'm not an usually ebay snipper, but also noticed that there are less records for sale as ever, anyone thinks the same?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Bernedo said:
    ebay snipper